GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:51:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Discussion  (Read 4425 times)

neko_gunner

Map Discussion
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:31 am »

Figured this would be a good place to start discussion on the maps. 

I played for my first time tonight, and I have almost no complaints about any of the maps. 

My only complaint would be regarding cradle.  It's a great map, but the way the spawning system works, it can be a bit annoying dying repeatedly 2 seconds after coming to life.  Not just for the fact that someone may be campnig that spawn point, but for the fact that after you spawn, then someone else does 1 second later.  Given it is a smaller map with more choke points compare to others such as runway, it has virtually no protection and allows other to pick you off with relative ease.

My only request I guess would be to possibly fix the spawning points on this map (if the not the spawing system itself) so that there is a less likely chance someone will spawn right behind you after you do, and gun you down.

There are some great sniping / camping spoting in this map, but with previously mentioned problem, they are all but impossible to reach.  And once you get there, you find someone spawn behind you and gun you down.

Other then that, all your maps are awesome!   :o

I love the fact that there are normal and classic versions of some maps.  Making it so you can't fall to your death like in the original.  In temple there was an instance where I was crouching trying to hop in a small crevich and was able to see the outside of the map (where the trucks are located).

I love the introduction of old campaign maps as multiplayer maps.  I feel like Runway has been done much justice.  Not to mention control.  You guys turned a much difficult and unpopular campagin level into so far a great battle arean!

Keep up the good work and good luck!

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Map Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:49:20 am »

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate it and keep up the gaming coz theres plenty more to come for you and the community!

With regard to cradle, yes we believe it is an awesome map but it will still undertake refinement to take into accont the larger player counts and the fact it was only campaign originally. In fact, the map is being remade probably for the next beta stage (beta 4), if not that the one after definitely.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:31 am »

Cradle is actually under going quite a face lift, that I think will improve the map greatly.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

sturmeh

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sturmeh has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:10:33 am »

Cradle is more than meets the eye, when you spawn, it's important to keep moving. :)

Jump if you have to.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 11:21:48 am »

cradle :) such a versatile map and so easy to camp lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up