GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:38:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting a LAN game  (Read 7130 times)

lahonda_99

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • lahonda_99 has no influence.
Connecting a LAN game
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:57 am »

I have two computers, both with two different Steam IDs and both with GES.  When either of us creates a server in game the other can not see it.

I am behind a router that I believe is not blocking the ports.  I turned off the 27020 - 27050 required ports that Steam needs and both Steam clients still work.

I have tried using the +clientport 270XX launch option with both computers (one at 27005 and the other at 27006), but still can not connect.

Both of us have disabled and completely exited from our software firewalls and IP blockers.

I have also tried setting both clients to offline mode and creating a server.

Are there any requirements to playing a LAN game that I am not meeting?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:12:28 am by lahonda_99 »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Connecting a LAN game
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:45 am »

Have you tried connecting via console? find out the local IP of the computer running the server. and type "connect 192.168.0.103" or what ever yours is into console.

all servers should show on the LAN Tab.

Could try setting "SV_lan 0" and changing the map "changelevel ge_facility" and see if you can see it on the main server tab, and/or LAN Tab.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

lahonda_99

• Agent
  • lahonda_99 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:27:20 am »

I started a game with my computer and one with my roommate's computer, I can see both games and try to connect to his through the console.

I tried the commands:
net_start
sv_lan 0
connect 192.168.1.101

The server info box says that my roommate's server is not responding.  On his computer he can not see my game listed.

Also, before I used the command sv_lan 0 I was only able to see two internet games, the Warrior Nation servers.  Now I can see many more.  However, sv_lan 0 is supposed to make my server visible on the internet list, but it is not.

I'm sorry to keep bothering, but do you have any more ideas?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:28:58 am by lahonda_99 »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:44:09 pm »

You need to add the port aswell when connecting via console.
If server is LAN you need sv_lan 1 perhaps.

Maybe its like the faves bug?  If you ad a server then try to join it you get "not responding" but hit "refresh" then try and it works.

Steam is very buggy still, I cannot get players outside my network to connect to any servers I create but thsoe on my LAN do

What does thsi mean exactly?
I turned off the 27020 - 27050 required ports
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:58:37 pm by keefy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up