GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 03:22:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Impact Sound  (Read 11218 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: New Impact Sound
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 10:50:19 am »

Are you sure you wanna hear yourself scream everytime a female character is beeing hit?

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 11:42:39 pm »

Yes

I guess it will feel like I am in the game :P
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 09:58:35 am »

I guess it will feel like I am in the game :P

Oh hell no.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 10:19:37 am »

Hey...that's not very nice.

Aaaand, back on topic.

With the sound you substituted in, it would be a bit weird to hear a grunt sound if the person is on the other side of the map. Say you were on cradle...you wouldn't hear any scream sounds...
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »

Hey...that's not very nice.

Aaaand, back on topic.

With the sound you substituted in, it would be a bit weird to hear a grunt sound if the person is on the other side of the map. Say you were on cradle...you wouldn't hear any scream sounds...

Doesn't bother me, love this sound now. If they all had their own sounds it would be awesome for me, don't know about anybody else though. For long distance the lowest volume for character noises could just be heard OK over the music, then louder as they got closer, volume being determined by distance with a limit for lowest and highest, it would work because this sound stands out much more than the current, so even at low volumes it would be noticed. Anyway, there could always be the option to turn it off or switch to the default method.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up