GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:59:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GunGame- Weapon Slots  (Read 9735 times)

terps4life90

GunGame- Weapon Slots
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

The weapon slots for gungame need to be changed. For example, the first two weapons are golden pp7 and then golden gun. With that kind of setup if causes alot of spawnkills and is annoying especially with a full server. I think after the golden pp7 that the weapon should be throwing knives or klobb. There are other weapons that need to be changed around.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: GunGame- Weapon Slots
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:14:20 pm »

That doesn't make any sense. The point of GunGame is to have weapon progression. Making the second weapon the bottom two weapons is ridiculous.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:11:32 pm »

Why does the AR33 come before the RC-P90?
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:39:08 pm »

Cause they're both spam weapons, just AR33 is also a ranged spam weapon.

Oh and changing the order for a server takes about 10 seconds, even with zero coding skills.

Code: [Select]
weapList = ["golden_pp7", "golden_gun", "ar33", "rcp90", "auto_shotgun", "phantom", "d5k", "zmg", "kf7", "shotgun", "cmag", "sniper_rifle", "pp7", "klobb", "knife_throwing", "grenade", "knife"]
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

The weapon slots for gungame need to be changed.

That isn't the problem with GunGame. The problem with GunGame is that arriving late to the party is socially acceptable.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 03:01:57 am »

I will say this again like I have since the moment gun game was created....mines, grenade launcher, and rocket launcher need to be added. There is no reason that it shouldn't be and it makes absolutely no sense why it isn't there. Mines of course aren't as important since their would be three types in a row. If they were spread a little, it might be better but it still wouldn't be too bad. Granade and rocket launcher though....no excuse. *starts argumentative thread*

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:07 am »

I agree with Saint, I would like to see all weapons added.

EDIT_01: Fixed typo

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:14 am »

Proxy mines would be terrible for gun game.  Timed mines would be okay but difficult.  Remote mines would be fun.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:21 am »

Troy, you have to remember that there would only be 1 mine that would get you the kill, then you could just have the game delete the players other mines so they become void. No big deal. All explosives would be fun in game. It would essentially be like the grenade where it blows up after a few seconds and you only get a few before you are stuck with melee. No big deal.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:54 am »

Last time I checked mines had a little issue in gun game. Sometimes not giving the kill, same with grenades. Might be fixed now, need to test.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Excidium

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Excidium barely matters.Excidium barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »

Cause they're both spam weapons, just AR33 is also a ranged spam weapon.

Oh and changing the order for a server takes about 10 seconds, even with zero coding skills.

I second that

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

Gun Game itself needs to be recoded. I was going to do it for v4.2 but there are more important things to worry about. I may do it as a post-release treat.

terps4life90

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

Gun Game itself needs to be recoded. I was going to do it for v4.2 but there are more important things to worry about. I may do it as a post-release treat.

Thought Troy was doing that?

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »

Thought Troy was doing that?

Troy ain't dat good.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »

I lost interest in the project.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up