GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:08:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Front Page Summary Suggestion  (Read 6156 times)

terps4life90

Goldeneye Front Page Summary Suggestion
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

The goldeneye summary should be rewritten. It still says that you need to purchase a source base game to be able to play Goldeneye Source,which of course it true but, you should include that team fortress 2 is now free.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Goldeneye Front Page Summary Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:25:21 pm »

the front page is also very ..ah.. plain!? looks like an old granddad, sitting on a rocking chair, smoking his pipe, telling lies, waiting for something to happen. he´s still spritely and stable, no question, but he`s easily overlooked
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:33:16 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:13 am »

You could design us a poster for it!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

terps4life90

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:36:48 am »

You could design us a poster for it!

Are you referring to me or Cy?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:47:30 am »

i think that the wiki needs some much more serious editing than the front page...

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:23 am »

I was thinking the same thing.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:25 am »

Are you referring to me or Cy?

he´s clearly referring to me. so I took his advice and made a poster for the front page. I think it´s a big chance to make the mod more pupular:

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:44 am »

Very true I plan to rewrite it all actually. There comes a point where you have to change everything old. Even if it gets the point across everyone's read it twice.

And I want to have a well designed upgrade to how it's displayed. These things take time. But, the point about purchasing the game being incorrect is very good. *fixes it*

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:42 pm »

just for the utopian initiative "better mainpage": I think its very oldfashioned clustering together all the new stuff for one large post, that comes out after three months or so. I think its necessary to adopt the facebook-way presenting small regularly updates/posts on the mainpage to keep the torch burning. when a new gameplay comes out (like "agent under fire" this weekend), it should be on first page immediately. or showing some pictures of a map progress. a new draft for a weapon. just an information which tells the waiting people: booming life is going on under the plain surface. it wouldn´t ruin the progress or the suprise, it would cause interest, excitement. even some links to the certain forum sections would be helpful. this mod has to fight for the people`s attention. there are hundreds of very loud, very styled ego-shooters out there. maybe some of the people have the feeling, that the GES team gives a shit about their expactations. it's a privilege to keep things quite. would be no problem if thousends of people are playing on the servers. right now its a big problem.

with two or three public relations people regulary updates/polls/news/interesting stuff shouldn´t be impossible.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:03:48 pm by The Cy »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:51 pm »

If we go back to adopting a website, the trickle method would be entirely possible. But moddb should be used for big PR posts that have intermittent BIG impact, not constant updates like social media to "keep the torch burning".

You don't want to have an archive on there with hundreds of different items that in all reality would appear tiny.

Moddb followers appear to appreciate the way we do it. You never hear anyone say they don't get enough from us.

I do think we need our own front page again, in which we could stream weekly items to the front, and that stuff feeds to the social branches. ;D

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »

Whatever we end up going with; be it new front page or simply updating ModDB more often, 3-6 months between updates of any size from us just doesn't cut it.

bryanpinto

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bryanpinto has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:30 am »

Very true I plan to rewrite it all actually. There comes a point where you have to change everything old. Even if it gets the point across everyone's read it twice.

And I want to have a well designed upgrade to how it's displayed. These things take time. But, the point about purchasing the game being incorrect is very good. *fixes it*

True, but to change a bit of your words, I must say not change everything old...But upgrading the old stuff!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up