GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:03:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrington Institute fix  (Read 4868 times)

cron410

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cron410 has no influence.
Carrington Institute fix
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:22:48 pm »

I'm a total n00b.

My first attempt at fixing the Carrington Institute map by HardHittinHeeb88 has failed.

I used VMEX to decompile his map. I then proceeded to learn how to replace, remove, and add props.
Learned how to replace textures, even found a repository of the old textures that were taken out from 4.1 to 4.2 so I could figure out which new textures should replace the old ones.

Problem is, when i recompiled the map, textures were missing from props, and lighting was completely screwed.
I know nothing about lighting or fixing missing textures on props that I added.

So is there a better way to decompile the map or should I still be seeking the VMF file from HardHittinHeeb88? I was thinking of trying BSPsource before giving up. I messaged him but he has not been on the forum since 2009 and I highly doubt he ticked the option to allow members to email him.

Anyone have any insight on what I should do?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Carrington Institute fix
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:03:36 pm »

Well, Contacting the mapper sure is the best way, But since he's inactive, I don't believe you have any chances... Maybe someone around here got the vmf and could fix it, Decompiling isn't very reliable most of the time.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11:46 pm »

What if i tell you it's not neccessary to recompile the map just to fix the issues?

Since i just recently wrote it down:
http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7253.msg76057.html#msg76057

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:30:09 pm »

Don't bother, I'm making a new one!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

cron410

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cron410 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:59 am »

Awesome, thanks man!
I'm in love with this map.

HardHittinHeeb

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • HardHittinHeeb has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 12:15:58 am »

Glad to see the love after years, never got your message (perhaps you sent it to my AIM SN?), If you're still up to it, I would be glad to supply the VMFs for my map and help out, otherwise, I think I'll try my hand at it. Life had kept me busy, so didn't get to update my map.
Pages: [1]   Go Up