GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:09:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding LTK  (Read 4223 times)

Hitman80

Question regarding LTK
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:03:06 am »

Hey guys, love the mod, absolutely the best mod I have ever played and it's still in beta.

I've been trying to get a server up and running....and finally did, successfully, with all of the guides you guys have, it's great!

Now that I have it showing up in the server list and everyone is able to join, I want to tweak it for our preferences.

Quick question on LTK...me and my buddies used to play LTK all the time and it was our favorite mode, however, I see that in the wiki it says that it's hit or miss whether someone dies in 1 shot.  I have yet to test this out but I was checking in the forums to see if there is an alternate way to create an LTK server.

Is it possible to set everyone's health to zero (or just 1) and take away armor?  That way it would sortof recreate LTK?  I have read about the LUA commands and so forth but I have yet to grasp writing the .lua and .txt files to create this.  I'm not great at programming.

I found an old post regarding the disabling of armor but I am also wanting to recreate LTK by lowering health.  If LTK works fine on it's own, then I certainly don't need this.  If anyone can shed some light on whether the built-in LTK mode works ok, that would be great.  I just rarely ever see another server with LTK activated.

Thanks guys for putting up with my noobishnes...any help will be greatly appreciated.  I've been out of the PC gaming world for too long!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:06:34 am by Hitman80 »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Question regarding LTK
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:32 am »

Hey man, welcome to the forums.

I believe the "hit-or-miss" situation you've mentioned is related to the hit registration, which is a plague in all Source games. It is more noticeable in LTK because of its one-hit-kill nature. I don't think it would help if you would do what you were thinking about: setting everyone's health to zero so DM would behave like LTK. The hit registration problem would still be there. Also, in LTK, armor doesn't affect the kill. Having it or not having it is exactly the same thing.

One thing you should notice is that the document you consulted regarding LTK (which must have been this one) is a bit outdated. It dates back to 19 January 2009, before Beta 3 came out. Hit registration was an much bigger problem in Beta 1 (the time when that document was written).

Hitman80

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:48:09 pm »

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

We'll just go with the built-in LTK and see how that goes.  I was thinking that document was a little bit older because most posts in the forums (post 3.0 beta) haven't mentioned the problems.

I appreciate the help!  If I have any more questions about server-related issues in the future, I definitely know where to come to get a quick answer.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:46 pm »

You could use a Gold PP7 only weaponset, this is allmost LtK.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:22:41 am »

LTK is implemented by applying what's effectively Level 30 health-reduction handicap on everyone.  It's like everyone has 0.1HP.  Players not being killed when hit is purely Valve goofiness, and it buggers up Golden Gun too.

Yum, delicious Golden Gun LTK Headshot.  That's 5,000,000 damage in Goldeneye Source. :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:24:45 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up