GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 07:32:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFL - 2012 Grand Final [Aussie Rules] Sat 29th Sept  (Read 6314 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
AFL - 2012 Grand Final [Aussie Rules] Sat 29th Sept
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:54:48 am »

It's that time again. The time when Wake descends from a week of hype surrounding Australia's Game. Grand Final week. I come to you every time. I demand satisfaction  ;D

The AFL grand final is played at the home of football. The MCG  === A ground which is as old as the game, and has held upward of 120,000 capacity in standing room days, now resting on 95 to 98,000 thousand capacity seating on Grand Final day === International viewers on cable usually get to see these big games. Look for it early morning Saturday U.S time.

Hawthorn Football Club (Hawks) - Last won 2008 Grand Final

http://www.youtube.com/v/mq-BzIpf5bk

Versus

Sydney Swans FC (Swans) - Last won 2005 Grand Final

http://www.youtube.com/v/WpCf1h6LLt0

Bouncedown is at 2.30PM AEST, This Saturday, the last Saturday in September. Commentators for the telecast will be Dennis Cometti and Bruce McAvaney - the first run Channel 7 duo (heard in the 2008 Hawthorn video above) w/special comments by Tom Harley & Leigh Mathews
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:07:17 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: AFL - 2012 Grand Final [Aussie Rules]
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:57:26 am »

*reserved for some extras, grand final breakdown and education on the game*

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: AFL - 2012 Grand Final [Aussie Rules] Sat 29th Sept
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:55:29 am »

Trying to explain this game to Americans is difficult. I tried...
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:45 am »

im more of a Port Power supporter...

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

I wish this sport had more air time in America, along with Rugby. Both very entertaining sports in my opinion.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »

So far I can confirm it will broadcast on a soccer station on U.S Cable.

Ummmm... and apparently using the net anyone outside australasia can stream it from this url in the image

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:19:41 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »

Sydney in a thrilling game. Went down to the final minutes.

http://www.afltorrents.com/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=5ee27bb5cf0bb2429077f8ae37008c0dbd285374#expand

(register to see torrent)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 12:14:44 am »

The game was awesome. I don't particularly like football, but I found myself screaming at my TV because it was so exciting.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 02:28:04 am »

truly a good game i was supporting Hawthorne though

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 05:35:44 am »

Summed up in 27 seconds:

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 06:17:49 am »

truly a good game i was supporting Hawthorne though

Me too. Their comeback in 3rd quarter was irresistible. The run of 5 goals when behind by 28 points.

terps4life90

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 09:45:33 pm »

Looks like a bunch of gays if you ask me.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:01 am »

That's not very nice Roger.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:20 am »

All class.
Pages: [1]   Go Up