GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:44:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Configs  (Read 2852 times)

Al Capwn

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Al Capwn has no influence.
Server Configs
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:52:39 pm »

I was tweaking some stuff of my DM server and I was trying to change the round time since it was only 5 minutes. I checked server.cfg, deathmatch.cfg, even the deathmatch.py to see if there was a mp_roundtime cvar but found nothing. I used notepad++ to do a search of the cfg folder for roundtime to figure out you actually do some of your config in the valve.rc file.

Having run many source servers over the years, I found this to be a bit odd since I've never seen any config options in the valve.rc file. I was just wondering why you put some options in here rather than having them in the server.cfg? Having everything in one spot is a lot easier to manage.

Also, just curious but why did you need to create a ge_rountime cvar instead of using mp_roundtime? Is mp_roundtime not a native command for orangebox or something?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Server Configs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:48 pm »

Valve.rc is executed ONCE when the server starts. Server.cfg is executed on every map change. The [gameplay].cfg is executed after the associated gameplay is loaded.

There is a rhyme and reason for everything.

wtf is mp_roundtime? I never heard of that before.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Server Configs
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:07:09 pm »

Al all I can tell you is that this game is not set up from a counterstrike-normal worldview. You could argue that the vast majority of Source server admin knowledge out there is from CS server admins, but you'd be ignored and anyway what's released is released.

WRT valve.rc, if you look at most games I think you'll find exec autoexec in there; you can add it yourself and even go take stuff out of valve.rc that you don't want in there if it helps you out any. That's what I would do.

For a good time, rcon "cvarlist ge_"

mp_roundtime controls the length of rounds in CSS and probably most other Source games that play rounds.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up