GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 03:12:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] AuG Inaccessible Spawn, Spectating, & Teamplay  (Read 3705 times)

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
[BUG] AuG Inaccessible Spawn, Spectating, & Teamplay
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:24 am »

Alright, this first one was told to Wake[of]theBunT, and the following screenshot shows the "exact" location where the AuG spawned during L&LD in Neo-Basement.  We didn't realize this before, but the level directly above is the inaccessible Stack area that's been partially mapped.

The following video shows how sometimes while I was spectating someone in 1st person, part of their player model actually appears (old familiar bug  :)).  Doesn't happen everytime while in 1st person, but it has happened 3-4 times already for me.

Finally, this shows Jaws playing as MI6 during Capture the Flag.  Strange thing is that upon his death, the model turns immediately to Trevelyan.

Sorry if any of this is already known.

PS: Loving Beta 4

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: [BUG] AuG Inaccessible Spawn, Spectating, & Teamplay
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:16:34 am »

We are aware about the basement yes, thanks. Nothing can be done til a next content release (2-3 months)

So until then for that mode just have to put up with it when LALD is on basement and the gg spawns there.
-----------------------

Spectator bugs, we cant do much about. KM could elaborate or debunk my statement, but im fairly certain its always valve issues and weve done the best we can to make it smooth as it is for our mod.
-----------------------

WTF? sorry no clue what happened there...never ever seen that in testing or in the release build. Maybe someone can help you better field that one :P

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:44:49 pm »

I haven't looked at all the entities yet for B4 or the spawning system in general, but my bet is that there is an point entity in the map that spawns the golden gun (or possibly it just chooses one of the #7 spawners, or there is a flag on some spawners to make them eligible). You should be able to fix it yourself with EntSpy or Stripper. If there's a single GG spawner, you'll have to move it; otherwise removing it will probably fix your problem.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:46:24 pm by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:02:08 pm »

OK so I looked in there and tentatively my suggestion is to take out ge_weaponspawner at <1225 160 45>. If you can run Stripper I'd do that. Otherwise you can try this http://ges.mksvx.com/gesource/ge_basement.7z and see how that works out for you.

Back up your original ge_basement.bsp first! EntSpy said it would not break the CRC but I don't trust anything when it comes to computers until it's been tried many, many times. I couldn't find a server that happens to be running ge_basement right now, so I haven't even tested this a little bit. If the CRC is wrong, this would drop all your players, so I'd put this on your server, then connect to your server yourself and change the map to make sure you can still play with the original ge_basement on your client.

Clients should not need this change, as the entities in the client's BSP are pretty much irrelevant.

EDIT: Just got into WNx on ge_basement w/ no CRC error, so this is probably OK.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:13:24 pm by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 02:19:37 pm »

mookie can you also make a modded ge_aztec to remove the ammo/weapon spawns that are up on the top of the building? There is a SS somewhere on the bug forum.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:45:52 pm »

The model transformation bug is known.  It showed up during a L&LD test right before release, where a Valentin would appear as Samedi (which is confusing in L&LD) but turned into Valentin on death.  It didn't reproduce after that incident so we chalked it up to a lag-spike desync glitch.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:57:02 pm »

For reference/Stripper, ge_weaponspawner at <-728.269 1836 332.32>, ge_ammospawner at <-729.564 1884 332.32>.

http://ges.mksvx.com/gesource/ge_aztec.7z
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:28:56 pm »

Thanks mookie, server hosts if you want to play aztec or basement please replace your maps with the above. Clients don't need to do anything (hopefully).

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:00:22 pm »

I recomend EntEd.
Things like a unreachable weaponspawn are easy to fix once you identified the spawn.
It's even possible to get maps from other source games working with GES, simply by editing the spawn entities and including custom stuff like textures or models in the bsp.
Even EP1 models will work under Orangebox engine that way, because the version check is bypassed.

Also adding HL2 style ladders (e.g. for beta 1 maps) or many other point entities will work.
Only brush entities, static models, lights etc. won't be editable.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 10:36:24 pm »

Updating Official and OWS servers with these.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up