GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:37:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PR/Website  (Read 5575 times)

stanleymanly21

PR/Website
« on: November 28, 2008, 07:12:06 am »

Hello, I heard that you needed someone to make the code easier to read so monthly updating was easier on the home page. I went ahead and recoded it for you. A screenshot is included, sorry i can't post a link to my website showing you everything, my web host company is down. If you want to see the code behind it, just reply with an email address included. Everything is the same as the site you have now except I made some small .gif's that load faster on the page. The code however is radically different.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:28:12 am by stanleymanly21 »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: PR/Website
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:37:53 am »

just so you guys know...his webpage (which is under construction) is in his profile if you wanted to take a look at it. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:44:17 pm »

I dont think your source is so reliable who told you that what we lack is someone to code a website. Several of us can that isnt why our website page remains static and often outdated. There is a reason which I dont even think needs to be discussed, its a matter of the team so I dont think more should be commented on.

Thanks for your effort, im assuming your work is good stock, but its null of a point in this scenario. We can ask our website coder to update his stuff if we need.

Also, is this an application for PR? well i guess from my opinion bluntly we have about 5 people totally and more qualified (GE:S experience) to fill PR shoes.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:57:39 pm »

ok wake, i remember you or somebody saying specifically some where "the website was coded in a static way which makes it reallly hard ot update" which is why you guys don't post updates on the front page. Whatever happened to that problem? Did it somehow vanish and everything is perfect now? Why haven't there been any updates on the front page then?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:07:44 pm »

The reason why is that we don't have direct control over the server, so we can't upload files without going through someone else.  Unfortunately that is the price of being free.  It has nothing to do with the website code.  There isn't anything we can do about it, so there isn't much point in discussing it. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up