GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:26:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 56748 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 11:09:01 am »

yeah, 

1. I continued working on some aesthetic issues, such as the training room. the shooting range is not a plain texture anymore, I changed the position of the gun locker and added hi-res carpet and wood textures:

2. I deleted the whole area with the walk of fame and the pictures of the villains. so when you walk through the front door, you´re already entering the cinema lobby.

3. I added a new area below the wood bridge. if you survive the downfall there are 4 doors at the bottom waiting. 3 of them lead to death, 1 brings you back on the top. here´s a first draft:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:15:37 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 02:10:20 pm »

That looks awesome, especially the room under the wood bridge.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »

The four doors is an amazing idea.

liamcadhain

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »

2. I deleted the whole area with the walk of fame and the pictures of the villains. so when you walk through the front door, you´re already entering the cinema lobby.

Shame, I liked that hallway. I'm loving the 4 doors at the bottom of the pit though but is falling down the pit not an instant kill? How are you supposed to get down there without no-clipping?

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:12 pm »

Shame, I liked that hallway. I'm loving the 4 doors at the bottom of the pit though but is falling down the pit not an instant kill? How are you supposed to get down there without no-clipping?

He probably removed the trigger from there, So you won't get killed anymore.

liamcadhain

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:02 pm »

He probably removed the trigger from there, So you won't get killed anymore.

Ah right, I see

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:03 pm »

i kinda miss the old cinema :-( though i do like the downfall area -i had a similar idea for a horrorland map with 4 doors that lead to another place. and well this looks really awesome

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 04:43:41 pm »

hey guys, its saturday evening, time for an an overall impression of new ge_funhouse_v4. as you can see, progress is going on very well. :)

namajnaG

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 05:08:34 pm »

Pretty illusions!
Nice work pal, As always.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 07:50:29 pm »

Those screens look great, mate, though I think the red texture on the toilet area needs something else to make it stand out. A better normal map (or a normal map, dunno if Source displays textures without normal maps).

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 01:39:30 am »

Those screens look great, mate, though I think the red texture on the toilet area needs something else to make it stand out. A better normal map (or a normal map, dunno if Source displays textures without normal maps).

you mean a specular map, right? thats one thing I have to learn in the next time, thats for sure. I have 2 or 3 textures which need some reflections, and the red one should be one of them. the red room has be perfect.

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 02:25:52 am »

It Looks incredible Cy

image 7 makes me want to try and recreate this scene from the simpsons as a machinma:

Rick Astley

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:14 am »

its going to be great in HD

liamcadhain

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 11:38:46 am »

Looks great as always Cy. I like the King of Spades type doors leading into the cinema too, nice touch.

image 7 makes me want to try and recreate this scene from the simpsons as a machinma:

lol, that'd be great wouldn't it?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:57 am »

you mean a specular map, right?

Well, now that I see the pic you posted, a specular map would help too. I didn't know that was your intention so I suggested a normal map first, to give it some texture (but not too much) but the specular map is the priority in there, it seems. One would really change the whole room for (much) better.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up