GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 06:09:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED] Round Based Achievements FAIL  (Read 32843 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
[FIXED] Round Based Achievements FAIL
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:13:26 am »

OK, so I think either Valve broke something, or it was never initialized to begin with. All round based achievements (like character ones, viashiowned, etc.) will NOT BE AWARDED after you go through your first map change. This is because of a failure to reinitialize the achievements after the map load and to re-register the event listeners (round_end, player_changeident, etc.)

I am working on a fix and I will make it downloadable in addition to the B3.1. This is a client side only patch and is not required, unless you think you can get all the round based achievements before the first map change ;-)

EDIT:
Confirmed, this is my fault. I put the listen for events in the Initialization of the achievement when it belongs in another function poopie!

EDIT2:
If you down loaded 3.1.4 you dont need this fix! Else download away:

HOTFIX!
>>>>>> DOWNLOAD CLIENT-SIDE HOTFIX FOR ACHIEVEMENTS <<<<<<<
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:48:25 pm by killermonkey »

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
Re: [KNOWN BUG] Round Based Achievements FAIL
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:39 am »

:P

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:42:10 pm »

That could explain a certain something - you know what I'm talking about ^^

Thanks for the fix  :-)

P.S.: making mistakes is human, so they might happen to everyone(especially in such a large project with only 3 programmers) - just keep up the great work and don't let a mistake get you down ;-)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 03:54:21 pm »

HAHA I'm sorry for playin down your achievement problems I slap my own wrist when I fault

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 03:57:06 pm »

So this was also in Beta 3.0? That would explain a lot... Glad it's fixed.

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
Re: [FIXED] Round Based Achievements FAIL
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »

8 years later, I know,  and I'm not sure if anyone else is having what appears to be this same problem with 5.0 but I am and it only started after my game glitched and wiped out my achievements. I earned just about all of the ones I had back now like the ones that are "Get xxx kills with [weapon]" but any achievement that is earned under any scenario other than DeathMatch is not being awarded to me. Even a simple one like Going for the Gold (pick up the Golden Gun 100 times in MWTGG) doesn't register pick ups. No capture the flag credits, no time in VTAK, winning in YOLT. Again, anything other than playing in DeathMatch gets me no achievements awarded when they should be. Any thoughts?

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »

Make sure the gamemode doesn't have (MOD) next to the name as that means it's been altered and that disqualifies achievements.

Some servers seem to have this issue even with unmodded gamemodes but I'm not sure exactly why.  Not a huge deal though, it doesn't affect any achievements other than the gamemode specific ones.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »

Now that I'm looking for it, all of mine say mod next to them. The most I've altered is adding maps, their supporting files and added music to the game. And even though it's still giving me achievements, it's kicking out only scenario specific ones because of those changes?

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 05:59:06 am »

No, the gamemode achievements specifically check for modified gamemode files.  You can put custom maps/reslists/whatever on your server without invalidating your gamemodes.  The issue is some other odd thing I've noticed with some server providers.  Try moving the gesource/python directory off of the server and then back onto it, or deleting it and moving the gesource/python folder from your client onto the server to replace it.

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 04:13:25 am »

Ok. I replaced the python file from a fresh back up of the gesource file and I started getting awarded scenario related achievements again. It's still not giving me the Fort Knox (pick up the Golden Gun and kill 10 people without using or dropping it) achievement or Gold Standard (use ONLY the Golden Gun) but it is registering me picking it up on the Going for the Gold (pick up golden gun 100 times) achievement. So it's somewhat fixed now.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »

Those achievements require either 4+ or 6+ players, so be sure you've got enough before attempting them.

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »

I still do not know all the functionality of the achievements system..
 but if something should be fixed ... Thanks for the help bro ;)
“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 03:37:47 am »

Any special parameters for the "Just a Flesh Wound" (Win 15 knife duels where you took damage) achievement? Playing with 6 players currently

Ps- I appreciate the insight

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 05:00:35 am »

Oh, and Gold Fingered (kill a player using the Golden Gun with slappers) still isn't awarding even with 8 players on MWGG and I'm definitely killing them with slappers.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:41 pm »

Just a Flesh Wound should certainly be possible to earn with 6+ players, all you have to do is get hurt by their hunting knife and kill them with yours.  That being said it's an older achievement from when the hunting knife was given on spawn instead of the slappers so it's probably a much bigger pain to get these days.  5.1 will have the knife in more sets, but for now you're probably going to have to encourage a server owner to do knife arena or something to get this one since the only other set that even has the hunting knife is Mangley's.

I think Gold Fingered is just earned by killing someone currently using the golden gun in any game mode, so if the MWGG isn't actually holding the golden gun out then the achievement won't be awarded.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up