GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 07:12:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A story mode, I'm still waiting?  (Read 8967 times)

Jedireaper

• I Love Co-op :P
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jedireaper has no influence.
    • KMC Profile
A story mode, I'm still waiting?
« on: April 07, 2010, 03:32:16 pm »

Okay, I have been following your mod for the last five years and I have been waiting lavishly for an announcement for a story mode release. I was really looking forward to it. However as the years have slipped by, there have been less and less seemingly possibility that you guys will add a story mode seeing as all you seem to care about is multi-player. The mod is progressing nicely, but I would like to see a story mode, and maybe have it voiced (being a voice actor, would be a pleasure to be on board for that). Any way, I am not wholly a fan of multi-player games, when that is all developers seem to concentrate on. I do enjoy a single player aspect.

I love gaming. I love GoldenEye. I love multi-player. But GoldenEye rocked for having such a solid multi-player experience. Well I guess I am just a little annoyed that after five years, a story mode has not been added.

-Jedireaper

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: A story mode, I'm still waiting?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:51 pm »

I think you are being rather rude considering the considerable amount of effort we have put into just making the multiplayer into what it is today.

That amount of effort x2 is required for a proper singleplayer/coop experience. You can keep waiting.

Jedireaper

• Agent
    • KMC Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:47:39 pm »

I know I must have come off as ungrateful. I love what you guys have done, and have been attempting to do. For all this work, one man such as myself can not really give enough praise. So congratulations everyone from the deepest place in my heart. I apologise. But that doesn't mean a single player is farther from my mind or that you should discount my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:09:29 pm by Jedireaper »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

Well since you have been following us over the years you would have noticed that each release has added content such as characters.  These items usually have several months spent in developing them to our high standards.  Along with saying that we are working from a basic logical manner.  Build the foundation then add.

For everything to progress into something we can use for SP we have to have a solid code base, UI, AI, Levels, Models...  ect.  MP is something that was easier to start with because more people would benefit from it immediately.

Your opinion does matter, but it also matters how you voice it.  Keep in mind we are doing this all on OUR OWN TIME FOR FREE.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:59:03 pm »

I wouldn't have done anything differently so far.

Starting with multiplayer was the right move, it brings something to the fans and involves them in the development of the mod and allows them to experience gameplay without spoiling the 'main event'. Meanwhile over the 5 years they have created huge amounts of assets for the mod, all of which would be needed for singleplayer anyway.

There is a considerable bulk of work out of the way towards singleplayer if you constructively look at what's there and understand how things are done. Even things we take for granted like the move to the orange box engine might not have happened if they were slaving away at singleplayer.

With singleplayer releases you basically get one shot at a solid and full release. It's what people expect. Just look at Black Mesa, you'd think with singleplayer as their priority they'd have finished it by now but they know they can't afford to release anything until it's all absolutely up to scratch and it's no skin off their back to keep everyone else waiting.

All in all the end product we're getting is much better as a result of this procedural development process. Visuals, content, gameplay, everything.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jedireaper

• Agent
    • KMC Profile
The soundtrack is awsome!!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:10:20 pm »

Point. I have another question. What happened to Audix. And where can I find the beta four (complete) soundtrack?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »

Audix had a name change operation.  Was painless ;)  He is now Sole Signal.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-4-ost
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Jedireaper

• Agent
    • KMC Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 11:18:40 pm »

Great, thanks, I was wondering what had happened to him. Last I heard he had legal problems with his name.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:15:32 am »

People would've been really mad if they just got one level or 3 levels to play until the next beta came out, so what would be the use? It's not as easy as it sounds, you know.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:29:20 am »

Great, thanks, I was wondering what had happened to him. Last I heard he had legal problems with his name.
This makes me :( because I wonder how many other people are wondering the same thing. I did to inform people.

Thanks for asking, though!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:35:40 am by Sole Signal [Audix] »

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:40 am »

People would've been really mad if they just got one level or 3 levels to play until the next beta came out, so what would be the use? It's not as easy as it sounds, you know.

I realize that something has to be done about the times that people would try to sell music under an established artists name, but the current system is a bit of over kill when people get sued (or threatened of action) from regions where neither artist ever sold music anywhere close to the other.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 05:20:31 am »

Singleplayer won't be released incrementally. That would be lame unless we had uber easy script support and people could make their own mission variations and even makeshift co-op/online SP and stuff which im not sure the community is up to.

It's got to be laid out that the time between MP finishing and SP finishing could be 1 year or more from the time MP finishes (which could still be a year or so depending on maps). Just the reality. Unless the fans can help us round up 3 or 4 good animators and even 1 extra character artist when the time comes, the job can get done quicker ;) Up to you guys in a way to spread the word about our intentions around the entire internet.

ChaosTheGunslinger

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:32:21 am »

Honestly, i'm happy with just the multiplayer.  If it falls within their good graces to recreate the single player, then i'll be grateful, but i'm not going to demand it like a moron.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 10:17:06 am »

welcome to the community! good attitude I say ;)

Still, I think it is alright for people to hope we do it, as long as they dont view us negatively the longer it is not available as if they paid money and are being let down. Thats when it gets kind of rude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up