GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:24:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BETA 3 Released! (Follow Up)  (Read 64110 times)

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
Re: BETA 3 Released! (Follow Up)
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 07:36:19 pm »

I'm using the Demo Smoother and Source Recorder (both are built into source). They're a pain in the ass to learn and use but you can get some spectacular shots with them.

Also, is anybody going to comment on this at all? I was really hoping for some suggestions and opinions on whether or not this is any good yet.

Oh, really? I didn't know source had that stuff. I'll have to take a look.

As for suggestions, get some first person gameplay. You seem to be doing an alright job of showing off the maps and that's fine but maybe some game mode specific shots, some text to go with the maps you show off. Some interesting Behind-the-player video of the MWtGG. I'd just experiment with all the angles you can whether it be with showing off the maps or showing off the gameplay. Gotta get some close-ups of the characters too.

If it's a trailer you want to show off as much as you can in a relatively short time period.

Oh, and I've always wanted a trailer to include a view of the raining bodies on cradle when you throw proximity mines into the mix. (or anything else that causes bodies to take the leap of faith) I just love watching them hit the ground. >_>

Music is important, at least I think so. I generally start with a good piece of music then I design my video around it. Switching scenes on certain beats. Maybe sync up the kills with the beat for a bit. Just get creative. Syncing up music to the video is a must if you want a high quality piece of work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:39:43 pm by Nozzy06 »
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

[Rhymenoceros]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • [Rhymenoceros] is looked down upon.
    • heh...
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »

The ending could have 32 people jumping off of Cradle and firing at eachother in midair with AR33s.
 8)
I'm so cool that I has negative rep.
And my graphics are so bad that I has wallhax.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »

I dug it!!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:10 am »

LEAVE MISHKIN ALLONEEEE

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2009, 02:06:54 am »

LEAVE MISHKIN ALLONEEEE

Yep. Chris Coker and Bond are BFF.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »

I like the collective suicide idea. Or you could make a column from the bottom of the cradle up to the top, consisting only of Boris and with an explosive barrel underneath.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2009, 02:16:18 pm »

The ending could have 32 people jumping off of Cradle and firing at eachother in midair with AR33s.
 8)
I like the collective suicide idea. Or you could make a column from the bottom of the cradle up to the top, consisting only of Boris and with an explosive barrel underneath.

Yeah, that would be fun, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the trailer, nor do I have 32 freinds on my list with enough patience to form a giant stack or all jump off the side of cradle at the exact same time while shooting each other. The purpose of this trailer was to be more of a map trailer, with hints of combat growing as the trailer goes on. It starts off with an empty complex then ends with an ZOMGWTF BLOW EVERYTHING OF CRADLE where everyone has mines.

I was thinking of doing a Trailer #2 which shows off the combat aspect of the game, essentially a stylized frag video like the original Beta 3 Gameplay Trailer by VC, but with Added Blur, bloom, transitions, slow motion, music, and other crazy stuff (essentially like this trailer, but in first person). So, I guess if you have any crazy demos where you get the highest number of kills, please try to send them to me (I'm not so good at the game most of the time).

If you guys liked this trailer, I'll finish it up (I wanted to add one more scene at the end (at the suggestion of Spider) where you see Bond get blown off the side of Cradle, and his body flies down tward the camera as it's panning by and as his body hits the camera, it snaps to back and shows the trailer credits.

Oh and I added all of Audix's suggestions to the video, as well as Nozzy's idea of Syncing certian parts of the video with the music.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:19:26 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 02:45:12 pm »

Perhaps you could do another trailer, like bloopers and outtakes or something like that, just for fun. If you need anyone willing to jump off the cradle, just say and I'll be the stunt double. ;)

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 01:50:12 am »

So I've been working for the past few weeks on a trailer of my own. Here's a current WIP of it. Please provide any suggestions/crits/comments, and I'll change bits of the video, as I'm sure there's lots to add I haven't thought of yet.
I love it, it needs some more archives, but it's really nice.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »

A new version of the trailer, with some redone editing, and a few new shots squeezed in (Archives).

Once again, comments would be appreciated.

Download it here.

I should be able to get started on trailer #2 (combat) after this whole server mess gets cleared up, and I'll probably need a few people willing to run into my gunfire (I'm not so great that Beta 3, not used to not having to lead), or some crazy frag fest demos *looks at VC*.

Oh, and in an unrelated note, I've begun porting ge_library_ssl to beta 3, this time with improved textures, custom models, and new lighting! Look for WIP shots soon.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:34:18 pm by The SSL »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »

Wow! That is one amazing trailer! I loved it, although I saw a lot of banding in the lighting, is your computer really bad?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2009, 06:37:10 pm »

The Glas window in Library is also poping in and out, others than it's really good.
Maybe you can reduce the aliasing a bit.

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2009, 06:54:18 pm »

Very Well made trailer. :)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 04:09:48 am »

Wow! That is one amazing trailer! I loved it, although I saw a lot of banding in the lighting, is your computer really bad?

Um, I'm using a brand-new computer I bought just for beta 3, here are the specs:
2.6 GHz 64-bit Quad Core
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9500 GS

In that video, I'm running the game at max settings, it's probably the video compression that's messing it up. (I'll save to a 116 Mb AVI file for the final video if you guys like it.)

And yeah, I realize the glass flickers in that library shot, once I see a server running library_classic or stack_classic again I'll go and re-do it. (I can't fix the current demo file as the updates made all of my demo files unusable, and it's also an unfixable visleaf issue.)

EDIT: Ok, so I redid the Library Classic shot, and tried saving in an AVI format, which made the video appear slightly higher quality but made the filesize explode. Other than that, if you guys don't have any other suggestions, I think this is the best I can get this video without cramming in too much stuff in and making it feel rushed.

Here's the final version (I hope)

Look for Trailer #2 soon!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:05:57 am by The SSL »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:19 pm »

The video is well made. It serves as nice presentation for the mod. +1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up