GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:11:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Stack, Basement, Library  (Read 7289 times)

Draven

The Stack, Basement, Library
« on: July 04, 2008, 07:58:05 am »

I made these for Counter-Strike Source and I used the textures from GE:S. I have not looked much into how to convert it to GE:S, but I'm willing to give it a shot if you guys like. I'm also willing to give out the source file and letting a GE:S team member convert it.

I had requested usage a while back in the General section and it didn't seem to be a concern. If it is a concern, I will remove the map from FPSB ASAP. I kinda figured since I didn't get a reply and I'm making a map for the same reasons you guys are (love of the game), that it's ok.

Blah blah blah... anyway, here are the links:
The Stack (final):
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/58303
The Library (beta)
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/58331

As you can see, I did give the GE:S team credit for the textures. The textures are also embeded in the .bsp file, so if you play them in CS:S, you don't to worry about copying the files over. There is a link to my server that is hosting the maps on the FPSB site.

Once I have tested and fixed the lighting in The Library's basement, The Basement will soon be available as well.

Thanks,
Draven

P.S. If someone is willing to help me incorporate mines into CS:S for this map (if that is cool with the GE:S team) I would be eternally grateful :D 

hypersonic

Re: The Stack, Basement, Library
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:05:20 pm »

whats the difference between library and stack? i think somebody has already made a ge:s library map
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:20:16 pm by hypersonic »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 01:56:10 pm »

"Library" is both the basement portion, and the upper portion. "Stack" is just the upper portion, with the basement part closed off with some gates.

And yeah, there's already a ge_library_classic, and some third-party recreations from the alpha. (And I have an 80% done third party basement in development.)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:33:33 pm »

Wow, that looks really nice. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone playing with it online yet. Maybe I'll have to host a game with it...

EDIT: Hm. I guess it is up. Was fun to play, though. It's been so long since I've gotten lost in the basement...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:43:53 pm by Bissrok »
Pages: [1]   Go Up