GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:51:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WIP ; ge_codex  (Read 8473 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
WIP ; ge_codex
« on: November 14, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

Hello everyone!
I've been working the past week on a recreation of dm_codex from Unreal Tournament from scratch.
For those who are unfamiliar with UT99, this is a medium-scale deathmatch map, often used in 1v1 matches.
At first, I was using UnrealEditor to recreate the exact same scale as in UT, but it turned out to be waaaaay too small for GE:S, so I ended up using UnrealEd only for reference purposes and enlarged the scale of the map for it to be able to accompany a fair amount of players and to fit GE:S since UT has, of course, way different game mechanics.

Although the map is still in development, since I just finished up the main geometry of the level an hour ago, I decided to give you guys a sneak peak of what will be coming towards you guys in a very near future. I'll be working on lighting and secondary geometry next.
This is ONLY to demonstrate the layout of the level, lighting will come in later

Biorifle spot ;

Hallway under Biorifle ;

Center of the map ;

Flak Cannon spot

Stairway beneath Flak Cannon

Stairways

Ripper stairway

Sniper Rifle's spot

Top (Rocket Launcher)

Large room with the armor

Same room, from downstairs

Here's a quick video if the screenshots aren't enough for ya'.
(You can see through water since lighting was not built yet. Don't mind that.)

I should complete the entirety of the map within the next 7 days if everything is fine and dandy.

Helios

• WNxSpectra
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!
    • Warrior Nation
Re: WIP ; ge_codex
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:39:15 am »

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it.  :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:25:36 am »

looks interesting namajnaG

cant wait to see more progress on the map :)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

Good job! I love UT so I look forward to playing this.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 06:41:55 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for the interest! I've been working all week so work on the map has been slow, but I've just finished up the lighting. Here's a sneak peek.
(Pictures aren't top quality and it looks slightly brighter ingame)

Minigun

Next to shock rifle

Armor

Flak cannon

Hallway beneath Flak cannon

Hallway with lava

Main room

Biorifle

Ripper

Stairway in the middle

Lifts

Sniper

Next up is the rest of the geometry and then I'm left off with optimization and weapon placement.
If anyone has any constructive criticism on how I could make the lighting better if you believe it could be improved, I'll gladly take some.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 06:59:16 pm »

I like the varied lighting throughout the map, but some of the dimmer areas could stand to be a bit lighter.

namajnaG

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »

Noted. I thought a few areas missed out some brightness as well.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 02:53:36 am »

Looking great! Lighting looks very reminiscent of the original.

I'd recommend making your own water material so that you can define the water fog value so it's not bright blue. It's easy!

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 04:49:36 am »

I was going to comment how spot-on the lighting looks but Mangley beat me to it!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

namajnaG

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 03:41:37 pm »

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it.
As for the water material, I've already had a water_lod_control laying around but I left it untouched until now (If this is what you are talking about, because I am unsure).
I have also updated most textures for high-res ones and tuned up the lighting a bit, but there's still some changes to be made because now I think a few areas look slightly too bright.

Here's a quick look.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 10:19:45 am »

Looks Great :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:01 am »

Great work, man, I really like the lightning!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:51:41 am »

HAWT DAYUM! LOOKS GREATS :D!
Troy, get back on that treadmill

namajnaG

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 12:19:00 am »

Thanks to everyone! The map is closing in very quickly onto release, and I should wrap it up in the next few days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up