GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:17:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble connecting to server  (Read 3466 times)

dpc2j

Trouble connecting to server
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:03:10 am »

I've downloaded the GES3.0, installed, installed GES3.1.4 full (505MB) as well as aGES3.1.4 (72MB) patch. Also have the SDK base and SDK base - Orange Box installed.

After connecting to a server (the one i tried was from the GES website 74.86.56.36:27015), I see flashing read capital letters ERROR for all the weapon picks as well as ontop of other characters. Game crashes within about 20 seconds. Also saw on the wiki tutorial that i should delete a gesource and a gesbeta1_1. Gesource was the actual file and could not find the beta1_1 so i just loaded up the game with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Trouble connecting to server
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:29:26 am »

well to be honest, it sounds like you just have a bad install. What I would do is:

1) Delete all folders/contents from the previous goldeneye source install that you did.
2) Redownload the GE:S Beta 3.1.4 (Full) again from a DIFFERENT source this time. There has been know to have a few bad install locations around.
3) Do not download the patch like you did before, if you download the full 3.1.4, you will not need anything else.
4) Close Steam BEFORE installing anything new
5) Run the install and make sure it is mapping to a valid steam folder aka make sure it doesn't do "C:\program files\VALVE\Steam\Steamapps\Sourcemods" when it really should be "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Sourcemods". Just check those directories out.
6) Finish installing it, restart steam, try it again.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:29:43 pm »

2) Redownload the GE:S Beta 3.1.4 (Full) again from a DIFFERENT source this time. There has been know to have a few bad install locations around.
Try moddb, never had any problem with that one :/ No patch needed.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-31-full-download-exe1

dpc2j

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:01 pm »

Still trouble in paradise, i redownloaded and installed the GES3.1.4 FULL (505 MB) only and now i can't see any servers.

Are there any ports i need to forward?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-31-full-download-exe1

-i redownloaded from moddb.com

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »

Try to uncheck "Show server list" on your server browser (make sure you have all filters on their default options; keep VAC on though). If it doesn't work, try to enter a server through your Steam server browser. If this still doesn't work, post here some more details so we can provide some more in-depth help.

By the way, welcome to the forums! Looking forward to see you in-game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up