GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 07:14:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any help would be appreciated  (Read 4529 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Any help would be appreciated
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »

I want to make a database of my customers so that I have a history of what I did and when I did repairs. I know I could put everything in Excel, but I wanted to know do you guys have any idea what software allows me to edit the fields and then I put the information in, then with the same software I can do a search query for example like name, phone or Order ID and get the customers repair history etc.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
Re: Any help would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kexi

Excelent app. Excel sucks in terms of administration and I have experience with that stuff (I do parttime E-learning administration at a big hospital in my country).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:38:55 pm by V!NCENT »

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:43:59 pm »

Micro$oft Access
LibreOffice
OpenOffice has a program similar to Access

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:28 pm »

Kexi looks dope, if you run Linux. Otherwise you have to run through backdoor hell.... KDE on Windows... PLEASE!

Why can't linux developers realize if they go the GUI route they need to run pure Qt and not this KDE, GNOME, whatever bullshit. If you want to be labeled "cross-platform" then you need to run STAND ALONE cross-platform.

/endrant

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:26:41 pm »

lol.. Thanks, I 'll try out Kexi, if I dont like it, prob Libreoffice Base or M Access.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 11:51:30 pm »

At my old job, We used "Acomba". Pretty good, Although I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for exactly.

www.acomba.com

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »

Kexi looks dope, if you run Linux. Otherwise you have to run through backdoor hell.... KDE on Windows... PLEASE!
Agreed. They even wanted to port it to HaikuOS, which, in that state, totaly defeats the reason to run haiku in the first place...

But aside from that; it lets you run some cool apps if you want them and if you can tolerate to the somewhat failing explorer integration... On the bright side: If you run a lot of these KDE apps you'll get the benifit of shared resources :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up