GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:33:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

If you have a PS3, What made you buy it?

Games
- 3 (17.6%)
Controller
- 0 (0%)
Free Online
- 1 (5.9%)
Blu-Ray
- 4 (23.5%)
All of the above
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Playstation 3 Discussions  (Read 46969 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Official Playstation 3 Discussions
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 03:44:40 am »

I was unaware of Revolution's release date.  Nonetheless, I still believe they have the right position.  If they can keep the PS3 buzz at full volume, they can squelch Revolution's introduction, and first-mover advantage is in Sony's court.  I recall seeing a report that Revolution would only have 400k units availiable, rather than the 1M figure I heard in the past.  That gives Sony an opening to hold on to prospects who would go with either unit, since there won't be a massive supply of Revolutions to draw them away.

And yes, Sony would rather sell out at a lower number for a duration than at a higher number for a short period.  They can say "look, we're still selling out weeks after release, despite the competition, because we're the best!"  This is not an issue of profit and sales today, it's an issue of marketing.  Consoles are cash cows that you milk steadily for a couple years by selling games, not here-today-gone-tomorrow flash in the pans that pay for themselves and pay for the here-tomorrow product that replaces them.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 04:00:34 am »

The Wii is definitely going to have 1M+ systems available. The Toys R' Us where they're holding the Wii release launch supposedly has 7,000 of them in stock. The stores the PS3 launched from had 500.

I know that they would rather have them sell out at a lower number for a duration than at a higher number for a shorter period, but I also believe that they would sell out even if they had produced more of them for the launch and subsequent months. Especially since holiday season is just starting. I think that the Wii will sell out at launch and keep selling out for the rest of the year, so when Sony says "Look we've been selling out constantly" Nintendo will just reply with "We've been selling out too, but we've moved a million more systems"

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 04:46:46 am »

Too much reading, too much of my information being unreliable, for one night.  I'll just take a being-wrong this time and wait on the next game system.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 10:45:42 am »

If either of you are going to be in a smash wii vid.  I demand that "Goldeneye Source Rules" be yelled out constantly.  and maybe add .com too.
I will top that, I'm going to be standing in the Wii video holding up this sign:

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 11:05:06 am »

If you change it to Golden Palace, they'll give you a lot of money.

OT: This board seems to suck at showing placeholders where inlined images live.  Usually with images off in Opera I get a box with alt-text in it; everything works that way (avatars, buttons, &c) except this inlined image. >_>

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 03:07:48 am »

They only reason I would get a PS3 is for the PSP compatibility.  What sucks is that you have to update your PSP to 3.0+, and that means no homebrew until it is hacked :(

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 02:00:09 am »

Just thought I'd kick start this thread again. So, what does everyone think about Killzone 2 now that there is a demo available, to UK PSN's, and it's soon be hitting the shelves.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 03:44:36 am »

Well it's funny reading back up on this topic.  I actually do own a PS3 by the way.  PSN: mbsurfer

Also, as for Killzone 2 I'm downloading the demo now along with Resident Evil 5.  Both look promising.

EDIT: A bit back on topic from a year or two ago ^^ Nowhere can be seen in the actual Smash My Wii video yelling "GoldenyeSource.com" with that sign above.  Check it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:48:12 am by mbsurfer »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 05:54:45 am »

KZ2 looks amazing, played the demo quite abit, you can get on one of the jump ships and as it takes off jump onto a haelghast then use  his sentry gunto kill the others
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:56:26 am by keefy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 06:05:26 am »

Well it's funny reading back up on this topic.  I actually do own a PS3 by the way.  PSN: mbsurfer

Also, as for Killzone 2 I'm downloading the demo now along with Resident Evil 5.  Both look promising.

EDIT: A bit back on topic from a year or two ago ^^ Nowhere can be seen in the actual Smash My Wii video yelling "GoldenyeSource.com" with that sign above.  Check it.

7:00!!! I LAWL'ed SO LOUD.

And 8:20. LOL
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:07:55 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 10:12:00 am »

What's wrong with that guy smashing a Wii. I mean if he's got to much money, he better give it to someone who needs it.
I dislike this rediculess destruction of something just to get some attention.
Did nowhere know about what the guy's going to do?

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »

What's wrong with that guy smashing a Wii. I mean if he's got to much money, he better give it to someone who needs it.
I dislike this rediculess destruction of something just to get some attention.
Did nowhere know about what the guy's going to do?

Well that site probably turned that $300 or however much that Wii cost by 10 fold.  If not more.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:38:42 pm by mbsurfer »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 10:44:55 pm »

Anyone tried that Flower game? I bought it today and its great.   It's a nice and welcome change from all the killing and beating thats goes on in most games these days.
It is surprisignly addictive and best of all calming.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/301307.html

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:03 pm »

Wow, this is an old thread. I remember that video when it originally happened o.O

Also, Having played the KZ2 demo, I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on it - the demo was way short, but i just loved the whole thing.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 03:34:08 am »

so anyone here with a ps3 put linux on it yet? want to see which distro is best.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up