GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:27:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abusive police brutality strikes again  (Read 3967 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Abusive police brutality strikes again
« on: September 29, 2011, 01:41:43 am »

For once in my life, I agree with the medias on this one. This is sick. Apparently, A peaceful protest ended up like this. I suggest you watch the whole thing.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Abusive police brutality strikes again
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:46:20 am »

Needs moar Jimmy Justice

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:55:00 am »

Wow I love his words.... It's clear to me that the bulk majority of the brutality was occurring from the "leaders" in the police force and not the normal every day cops. Those leaders were most likely hand picked by the chief of police and groomed to do exactly what they did to those protestors.

It's a message... don't fuck with the police... take it for what its worth

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:05:21 am »

I agree that most of this is out of hand, BUT a majority of these protesters are there to cause trouble. There are peaceful protests, then there are "peaceful" protests.

When you have hundreds of smartass kids thinking there godly when in a group and can cause as much ruckus as they want, you have to teach them who is in charge.

In example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8B5G6VOJ5g&feature=related

This is the video of the car smash. They magically cut out the part on TV where the man is not obeying a police fence and there just to cause mischief. He was behind TOUCHING a police officer who had his back to him. If I was a police officer and a person in a group came up that close to my back and was touching me, a punch and head smash would be the least of his worries. That guy could of snagged the policeman's weapon and walked away and would be a good chance no one would notice. This is why when someone approaches a turned police officer, your going to get your face smashed.

But like I said, some officers are there to flex some muscle and break some laws. But so are the protesters. Half those people have masks/handkerchiefs over there face, when its illegal to where a mask during a protest. There is NO reason to cover your face during a peaceful protest. At that point its turning from peaceful to someone anonymously wanting to incite a riot.

The pepper spray part seems to be complete out of hand on the part of the officer, ill agree with that. But like the other situation, there could be parts we are missing.

I grew up in a family of police/military so I know not to act stupid around police. Treat them with respect and you'll get it in return. Cops don't faceplant the guy standing there holding a sign. They get the guy spitting, and breaking barricades and attempting to incite others. But again there are rotten apple cops, and a lot of the time it is the commanders. There not on the daily grind and need to get there ass kicking jolly's somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:08:32 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:30:43 am »

There always has and will always be bad people in the world. In any job, in any culture, in any social group, in any demographic.

Police who beat, soldiers who rape, politicians who lie, companies that pollute and monopolize, citizens who steal.

Most people are good most of the time. But it's the times when they are not which are the times that matter. People in authoritative jobs can have the power go to their head and think they are in charge of the world. There are people who join the army for the thrill of gunfights and killing people rather than to serve and protect. You can be an asshole to the bone and do your job with duty and respect and you can be a nice person who snaps and goes apeshit with a gun.

Principals and self control, barely anyone really has these things. They think they do, but take them out of their comfort zone and see their true colours come out.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:22:46 pm »

Fuck them. Tired of cops these days beating up the public.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 04:04:25 am »

Yeah, and you don't stop (cause it's 1-8-7 on an undercover cop)

Bah dah dah dah dah its the one and only D-O-Double-G

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:37 am »

Bah dah dah dah dah its the one and only D-O-Double-G
I thought it was "mothafu#$in' cop"

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

^It is, but I saw an undercover cop in a Toyota Prius (Boca Raton, FL) so i thought of saying it lol

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Arkady G. Ourumov

• Janus Operative
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Arkady G. Ourumov has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 09:23:15 pm »

Abuse of authority is increasing as of late throughout the country, it seems. I'm not quite sure why this is either. It's frustrating, especially when they're acting in the interest of corporations like they are here in this instance.

I'm just glad that the assault on camera users is now in the mainstream media now. It's something that's been sitting in the shadows until recently.

I'm very glad that this report did acknowledge that not all officers were abusing their authority. It's rare that such a report pointedly attacks abuse without neglecting police authority altogether. We must remember that the number of clean cops vastly outweighs the dirty ones, it's just that the dirty ones get more coverage when they show their faces.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:43:24 pm »

I just choose to ignore the police.

Watch this video:
Pages: [1]   Go Up