GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:06:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: bacon333 sample work.  (Read 28178 times)

bacon333

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bacon333 has no influence.
bacon333 sample work.
« on: December 20, 2006, 01:01:47 am »

Alright, i've taken about an hour and a half and sort of rushed through a small map... I must admit its really not my best work :S
Its just a quick build, since I am currently busy with exams and things like that, but when they are over, I will put more time and effort into some sample work, or just make this map much better...

Of course, you could take a look at these few not completely finished pics, and if you want, give me some sort of trial (dunno?).
I am capable of:
-3d skyboxes
-large outdoor environments
-displacements
-decent lighting (even though the lighting in the following pics are crap :p)
-prop placement
-brush architecture (in the pics, the architecture isnt very good... sorry)
-scripted sequences (even though they might not be required in this mod, more SP mods)
-triggers
-texturing

I've been mapping for a while now, and I will be able to dedicated quite a bit of my time to this project (several hours a week, (4-6) )

Anyway, here are the screenshots...

Anyway, sorry if I dissapointed you, I'll try to muster up something more decent in the future. (next set of sample work or whatever it may be)

Anyway, what I am looking for in this project is mainly a good learning experience, and of course, having some fun as well.
Oh, and good luck on your project, if this doesn't turn out in the end...

-bacon333 ( My e-mail is bacon333@gmail.com, and my hotmail is only_bacon333@hotmail.com )

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: bacon333 sample work.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 02:27:53 am »

Could we see some more map pics because thats just a room. Even I a modeller with very little hammer skills could do that.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

bacon333

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 03:05:58 am »

I know, I can't think of anything to map though... have any Ideas? (I always run into this problem :( )

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:23:01 am »

I'm not sure how you're expecting to impress us and find a spot on the team when in your application you say that "I must admit its really not my best work" and "the architecture isnt very good... sorry" and "even though the lighting in the following pics are crap".

We're not looking for people with a basic understanding of operating Hammer, we're looking for talented people who can craft a gorgeous map to today's visual standards while paying homage to the N64 classic. If you feel you qualify as such, I would strongly recommend taking the necessary time to create something that you're proud of and that you feel will impress us. Spending 30 minutes in Hammer won't cut it. I can promise you won't make it onto the team displaying this level of work.

This isn't a personal attack, if you're skilled we'd love to have you. But as an applicant it's your job to prove to us that you're right for the position. Please come back when you feel like you don't need to make excuses for the work you're showing us.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 03:44:54 am »

When recruiting, we look for experienced applicants.  Experience means you've done it before, again and again.  If you have nothing to show us at the time of applying, you most likely do not have the experience required.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 06:56:28 am »

He said in his other app. thread hes on another mod team, and cannot release his maps(s) screenshots as its under wraps.

I agree with the general notion here tho, if you come back in a couple months with a map displaying some real talent that is crafted in the way that others have when applying for goldeneye mapping...well then people would be more responsive.

You do the work before you get accepted, not the other way <- post 400 wisdom lool

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 07:34:21 am »

for level designers we need more than just the technical know how of how to build a level, we need a person with a solid understanding of architecture and design. with just this room we really have no clue how you would actually lay out a level.

perhaps talk with your mod team about letting out some screens of what your best work looks like in order to actually assemble a real portfolio piece.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

bacon333

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:41:46 pm »

Hmm, I'll ask them, and if not, I've already got a bit of an idea of something that I can design...
Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

-bacon333

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:05:53 pm »

Basically this is how I look at applying for other mods with work you have done for another mod. I say it's your work and you can do what you want with it. You dont have to tell us which mod it is. Just show us what you can do. I have used models i have made for this mod to apply for other mods. So if you can show us some pics of your best map to date.
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

bacon333

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 08:54:45 pm »

Alright, I'll compile it... I should have something in an hour or so...
But I will have to pm it to you guys, so its not a "public" media release, since it is not.

The other mod team (brainbread: source team) I am in has very strict rules about releasing media to the public...

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:01:14 pm »

Since they basically covered everything I would say, I'll wait for your new map screenshots. :)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:05:18 pm »

I wanna see!! :)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

bacon333

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 09:16:06 pm »

The map is a street map.... and it's not completely finished as far as architecture goes.... (Since I joined the bbs team, I've been sort of leveling up my work as I went) and I deleted quite a bit of work too, because I wasn't satisfied...

Anyway, that map is getting close to done, but still lacks some brushes... like the extra fine bits of detail on the buildings...

Anyway, compiling should be done in half hour or so, so I should be able to get you some screens then... I will PM them to Baron. (If you don't mind Baron)

-bacon333

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 09:58:06 pm »

Okay, just pm it to one of us and we will post it in our private section.

bacon333

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:11:10 pm »

I sent it to Baron, but I'll go ahead and send it to you aswell, in just a minute...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up