GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:47:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Rocket (WIP)  (Read 30422 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Rocket (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 03:52:31 am »

I'm continuing to work on detailng the indoor areas, in the last 2 days I've been finalizing the look of the pipe room in the aging part of the facility and established the look of the clean, recently renovated high-security area where the control rooms will be located. I went with a minimalistic and clean look with wider corridors for a spaceous feel to give a refreshing change from the rest of the map.

Since I have a lot of free time at the moment I'm grinding this one out, hopefully so it'll be ready shortly after beta 4 releases. Really I only continue to post these shots for my own self-motivation and for feedback.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:55:20 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 01:35:30 am »

I'm pleased to state that the map is fast approaching a finished state, structurally the map is over 98% complete! The remaining work is mostly detailing, optimizing, soundscapes and skybox work.

Aesthetically the map takes inspiration from the architectual styles of quite a few Goldeneye maps. Primarily: Bunker, Control and Silo. And incorporates them to divide the map into visually distinct areas that are reminiscent of said maps.

As stated early in the development of this map, the basic layout is based on a multiplayer map from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, however the entire re-imagining and re-creation of the map was done without any planning outside of my own thoughts and the map layout has been built entirely from the memory I have of something I have not played in more than 4 years.

A beta-testing version of the map will be publically available within a few weeks, however if GE:S Beta 4 is released before that then there will be a slight delay in order to fix up the map to meet Beta 4 standards.

In either case the final version of the map will be released for Beta 4.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:42:06 am by Mangley »

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:58 am »

It looks like it will be a fun map. Nice work!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »

Mangley get with me on steam and I'll let you know what to do to get your map ready for Beta 4.

BTW, it looks so fucking slamming I love it!

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »

Thanks!

Just some more screenshots of finalized areas, including the main control/observation room:

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »

Nice man, see, I told you that adding trims really adds some details! Looks good, IMO, in that last pic, desaturate that blue a little bit. Its a tad too blue for you, who knew, some jew, wears a shoe, this is true, a cow goes moo, with bamboo.

Thank you.

Your welcome.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 09:48:09 pm »

This is looking very promising.

Some tips:
In this picture, and in a few others, it seems like all the lights are the exact same color value. If you tweak the lights so that there are brownish or yellowish hues in different lights of the same room, it makes things pop.

Also, I'm really digging the shadows in this picture.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:52:17 pm by InvertedShadow »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 06:36:33 pm »

You should work on this more! Beta 4 is coming fast ;)

Why not be the first beta 4 community map to hit our playerbase, eh?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 06:50:18 pm »

I'm still working on it :P

Things have just slowed a little in anticipation, once Beta 4 is released I can get back to working a lot more on it so that I can implement the new assets like door models and textures and sort out all the penetration stuff.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 06:53:46 pm »

It looks absolutely amazing! :o

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 10:31:22 pm »

Had some downtime lately to work on the map, it's definitely in the home straight now. I went back and made some large alterations to the construction areas, I'm still working on them but they're close to being on par with the other finished areas.

Totally remade the floor to look more obviously like it's under construction, instead of set concrete, I decided to go with what resembles a reinforced steel skeleton ready to have concrete poured into it. I'm also using some corrugated metal which really adds detail nicely from bump shadows cast by the harsh directional lighting.

I took on board the advice about using different coloured lights, it really worked out nicely:

Ironically enough I decided to remove the rocket model from the map, whilst it was a nice detail it really served as more of an unnecessary hindrance. Without it the silo area is a much more functional access point and death trap. You barely got a chance to see it since the silo was only a small part of the map, not at all a focal point. I may add it back in lower down in the silo later, but that's unlikely as it's a very large and detailed model.

I'm also thinking about cutting down the size of some areas which have a lot of unnecessary space. But I will only know for sure after the first beta version of the map is out there.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:57 am »

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/764/geslightdet2.jpg

This image has the potential for more lightmap awesome if you brightened up those wall lights a bit and made the stairs cast defined shadows onto the wall. You could also add railings here.

LOVE the idea of having the steel frame for the concrete.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:32 am »

Not to necro a thread, but seriously, this brings back old fond memories.  I'd love to have something like Destroyed Village or Stalingrad converted for GE:S, that would be awesome as hell.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »

I had hoped that this map would be finished or nearly ready by now. Parts of it are, parts of it are complete and perfectly optimized and I'm happy with. Other parts I'm not yet satisfied with and need a lot of love and attention to bring up to standard. Some other parts even need changing completely. The good news is that the bulk of the work is already done.

Beta 4 brought a realisation to me that this simply isn't ready. If a map is worth doing, it's worth doing right. So for now I can't say for sure how long until you guys are going to be able to get your hands on it, it could be weeks or months but it's for everyone's benefit at the end of the day.

On the plus side this gives me the opportunity to incorporate many assets and features from Beta 4.

In other news, I'd like to announce that I'm also working on ge_dam_island, It's still early days but it's progressing quite well, as soon as I have enough to show of it I will make a thread. Unlike Rocket I've planned this out in some depth. It won't interfere with development on rocket, rocket will still be prioritised until it's finished but I will work on dam_island at any times where I need to figure out something outside of hammer for ge_rocket, or if I'm just sick of the sight of it.  :P

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 03:07:36 am »

Only thing I saw missing in the Rocket map was the german signs...<nod> a must have.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up