GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:42:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Event] Cy Funhouse  (Read 7728 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Event] Cy Funhouse
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:28 am »

Cy Funhouse

Cy's Funhouse is based off Scaramanga's Fun House from the movie "The Man with the Golden Gun."  The movie is most famous for it's duel between James Bond and Scaramanga. Next month, we will be re-creating their duel.

Server Setup

Game mode: Man with the Golden Gun
Radar: On
Time limit: 18 minutes
Weapon set: PP7 Arena

Information

Date: June 2nd
Time: 5pm EST
Server: Troy's Server || Chicago || Agent Under Fire (206.217.131.20:27015)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:31:14 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Event] Cy Funhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:21:46 am »

MwtGG with Silver and Golden PP7?

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:47 am »

Originally I was thinking that the MWGG could get armor again and again.  I remember now that the golden gun carrier is limited to one armor pickup.  I will change the set to all PP7s.  This will make it more like the original duel now.  :-D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:14:25 am by Troy »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

cool, I wouldn´t miss that event ;-)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:18 am »

awesome sauce...lets hope my steam id doesnt flamingo up

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

That would be incredibly boring, no offense. No one would be able to kill the man with the golden gun.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »

Then don't come.  I originally had a set up with silver and golden pp7s but that kind of defeats the purpose of the golden gun.

liamcadhain

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »

Sounds like fun actually. I like that game mode and it'll give me a chance to try out the latest version of Cy's map. Might pop in for a bit on the day if I get a chance

Igmuwa

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Igmuwa has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:42:08 pm »

As long as there are no silenced PP7's, it looks dandy to me :-)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 12:57:20 pm »

That would be incredibly boring, no offense. No one would be able to kill the man with the golden gun.

Roger Moore did in The Film....

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

Roger Moore did in The Film....

This one is not that Roger Moore, so you'll have to excuse him.

Troy, why don't you include a CMag on the set, instead of being standard PP7's alone? It packs a wallop but you can't spam it like you do with an Ag7 and this way you're not so under-armed to deal with the MWGG.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 12:39:03 am »

The whole point is to try to keep it as much like the original duel as possible.  A CMag ruins that.  As I stated above, lets remember that when it's the game mode MWGG, the golden gun carrier cannot repeatedly pick up armor.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:29:42 am by Troy »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 09:33:56 am »

The whole point is to try to keep it as much like the original duel as possible.  A CMag ruins that.  As I stated above, lets remember that when it's the game mode MWGG, the golden gun carrier cannot repeatedly pick up armor.

I suggested adding the CMag considering that, with a fairly normal weaponset, one can go on a rampage of 15+ kills with the GG and one batch of armour. But the choice is ultimately yours and I like the idea of trying to keep it close to the original film duel. It was simply a suggestion from someone who doesn't find it amusing to keep dying because the weaponset wasn't properly balanced.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:51 am »

The duel itself wasn't property balanced.

James Bond: One bullet against my six?
Francisco Scaramanga: I only need one, Mr. Bond.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:49:24 am by Troy »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:47 am »

Considering the nature of the map, a resourceful player will have little trouble offing the MWGG.  The PP7 is actually a fairly decent third tier weapon, at the very least better than the ZMG/KF7, and can kill a fully buffed opponent in 4 shots reliably from any range due to its extreme accuracy.  I find MWGG works best when there aren't any high-level weapons in the set, as the AuG becomes a lot more desirable when it's killing power justifies the penalties you incur and the attention you get for holding it.

That being said the whole setup is fairly bland.  It's just MWGG with a low power weapon set in funhouse.  9 people vs a faux Scaramanga who's constantly changing depending on who killed the former one.  Hardly a recreation of the famous duel at all.

If you're willing to invest the effort and collaborate with Cy, you could make this a lot more memorable.  Have a gamemode in which one player is picked to be bond and the other Samedi (unless, you know, you want to model the titular character of the film).  Everyone else becomes oddjob and function as Scaramanga's manservants.  Bond is equipped with a pp7 holding 7 shots with 7 in reserve, and Scaramanga with his golden gun, 1 shot and 2 in reserve. (to compensate for hitreg issues/fancy dodging skills)

There is no radar, and one shot is enough to kill the other player.  Exhausting your carried ammo confines you to your melee weapon, the slappers, which are not an instant kill and ending up in this state pretty much means that you loose.  This is where the manservants come in.  Their role is to help Scaramanga, with his lesser firing power and dearth of ammo, defeat bond.  The manservants cannot deal damage to bond directly, but can activate traps and play other tricks on bond in order to waste his ammo or kill him.  They are armed with slappers which can not do damage; however, if it becomes neccecery to kill a manservant, bond can either shoot them which incurs a bullet penalty, or slap them several times which does not.  Manservants that die are eliminated for the remainder of the round.

Bond wins if he kills Scaramanga, netting 5 points in doing so.  Scaramanga wins if he successfully kills bond, gaining 5 points for himself and 3 for the manservants.  The manservants win if they manage to kill bond or bond kills himself, gaining 5 points for themselves and 3 for Scaramanga.

This would work best with a special, event version of the map which includes more traps and hiding areas for the manservants to use, perhaps traps that involve turning out lights or disabling doors in ways that would allow Scaramanga to escape or sneak up on bond.

I think this would work out fairly well for a special event that includes a good deal of experienced players, and shouldn't take too long to whip together since most of the advanced code required for it already exists.  That being said, it would work terribly outside of this one specific circumstance so it's effort that won't be seen very often.

Have fun!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up