GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: *1138 SERVER DIRECT MAPS DOWNLOAD LINK*  (Read 19762 times)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: *1138 SERVER DIRECT MAPS DOWNLOAD LINK*
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 12:42:00 am »

Multix, you completely disregarded what I said and then basically tried to pull rank (as someone who holds no rank) to deflect criticism once again.

It is not anyone's responsibility to fix your stuff. If your stuff is unfinished because you "run out of time", then don't release it or host it on your server where it then goes into circulation.

You have released things in the past that work poorly, cause players to crash, and in the case of your "tools" you posted in a couple of other threads, actually have adverse affects including terminating system processes and deleting achievements. You have a serious problem with quality control that needs to be addressed.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: *1138 SERVER DIRECT MAPS DOWNLOAD LINK*
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 01:01:35 am »

While the criticism in this thread wasn't presented in the most amicable way, it is something we've tried to tell you for a very long time and the simple fact is that you've never really listened to it when it was given in any other format.  Some people are now very frustrated about having to say these things for the 10th time.

You don't get much engagement from the team at this point simply because we've long since noticed that you don't really listen to anything we say and thus it's fairly pointless to respond to you.  You get belligerent over completely innocuous things, disregard all criticism, and overall the general perception is that interacting with you can only cause more trouble or at best would just be a waste of time. 

Many people on the team have more productive things to do than respond to your bizarre allegations, such as the idea we've somehow blocked your ability to upload forum avatars?  Like did you do any research to determine if our forum software even has that feature?  Regardless, I certainly don't run that kind of operation.  If we feel the need to take action against you, you will be given an official warning which will be followed by a ban.  This tends to be fairly rare in our community but it is a possibility.  If you're having an issue with something I advise you to first do some research and see if there's another explanation for the issue you're having, as that's almost certainly going to be more likely than intentional sabotage.

It's easy to think we hate you, MultiX, but the reality is that most people are just apathetic at this point.  There's a well established pattern here and few people have any real inclination to put on the same show and dance with you for the 50th time.  You are not owed responses and engagement from other people, if you want it you're going to have to give them a reason to engage with you.  When you refuse to listen to someone and just keep making demands of them, eventually they don't want to participate anymore.  It's that simple.  If you want a different result, the only thing you can change is yourself.

Unfortunately in this community I would say your reputation is so strong that it would be best to take these lessons and apply them to a new community.  You can still find something you can contribute to in a meaningful way, but it's very unlikely to be this project.  All the bridges have been burned a long time ago.  But that's life, all you can do is move on and try to do better the next time.

As for the beta testers on the GE:S team, they are oftentimes more than just testers.  There are many members of the testing team who have made significant content contributions to the official release, and many more produce their own custom content for the game.  The title only signifies official responsibilities, it is not directly tied to the magnitude of that person's contributions.

Anyway, I'm locking this thread as it's long since served its purpose.  I hope you take these words to heart, even if you don't personally agree with them I hope you recognize there is value in knowing how other people perceive you.  It's very possible this community just has a culture that doesn't mesh well with your own values.  This is something you should give a lot of thought to, along with the idea that there may be other communities you'd fit in better with.  I personally think you should still take a long look at how you can improve yourself and how you interact with others, but as with anything in life there are a lot of workable strategies. 

I hope this information is useful to you!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up