GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:16:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi guys!!  (Read 4632 times)

evenicoulddoit

Hi guys!!
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:46:16 pm »

Hello People,

Can I firstly say that I have the uttermost respect for all of you involved in any way of bringing this game, what was, in my mind, one of the best games ever, back to live. I really really do appreciate it. And can I say with the first BETA you've done a wonderful job, must have taken you an absolute age!

Can I please just stress one little point though. It simply takes way, way too many shots to kill the opponent. I'm taking the vast majority of you guys have played on CS:S, and though I completely appreciate that you want it to be completely separate and respectable, but please guys, just drop the health a tad. I have to shoot someone roughly 4-5 times with the shotgun to kill them, about 15-20 with the AK and about 8 times with the knife.

I'm not saying that we should use the CSS style 1 shot mallark, but really 20 AK bullets would take down a small army, not just one guy! Can I just say, whoever created Cradle, you're a legend. You all are, this is a truly brilliant idea, but the brilliance is that, like me and many more, didn't just think "how amazing would it be to have a newer version of that", but you actually went out there and made it.

A brilliant 1st attempt guys, really really good - *cries* please, just consider the health?

Thanks, Ian Clark - A fan!

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
Re: Hi guys!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:21:22 am »

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:50:43 am »

All weapon damage has been up'ed for the next release, If I remember correctly.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:41:06 am »

We are keeping weapon damage and health exactly as it was in ge64, we don't want to make this game anything like counter strike. Sorry but that is how we want it.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 05:40:34 am »

Your experience may also be due to lag/hitbox issues which are a known problem.
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 06:16:37 am »

also keep in mind that there where many issues regarding registration with the bullets and what not that have been fixed, the next release will deffinately be more ballanced, but will still be GES not CSS

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

evenicoulddoit

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 03:24:54 pm »

Ok fair point, yeh the hit-boxes were pretty poor when I played. On LTK mode I often had to shoot like 5 times before getting a kill. Eagerly awaiting your update :)

Ian

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 04:36:53 pm »

Check out my patch: http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,1331.0.html

There is an ever growing number of people playing (around 1-4pm GMT +8) and fixes some of the major bugs in the first one (i.e. hit reg, was playing ltk the other day and it was so quick and full of goodness.).

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:25:46 pm »

Played 10 mins on the alpha with LTK. And I started to hate LTK on the BETA 1 coz of the hit reg. Its purely excellent on your release.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 05:44:51 am »

Could also be the PP7 rapid-fire glitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up