GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:12:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?  (Read 7780 times)

Phivex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Phivex has no influence.
How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:26:11 pm »

So I've gone through the game modes and integrated all the stat collection I want except for the current map. There's no intuitive way to obtain it. No variables, functions, event hooks, CVARs, nothing I can find anywhere in the code. Am I missing something? Is it not passed to Python?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:18:53 pm by Phivex »

Phivex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Phivex has no influence.
Re: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:31 am »

So I found out about the console commands "maps *" and "changelevel". When you use the "changelevel" command, text pops up saying the cvar "nextlevel" is being set to a new map name and the match restarts accordingly. I tried doing a GEUtil.GetCVarValue("nextlevel") to see if it'll show what the next map would be, but it's blank. Anyone have anything?

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
Re: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »

You can get the maximum and minimum player count for the map. I don't recall a way to get the map name itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up