GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:13:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Can't Find Servers  (Read 25815 times)

Watties

[BUG] Can't Find Servers
« on: January 23, 2010, 09:23:31 pm »

Last night, I downloaded beta 3.1, and that's it. I can open the game, start my own game, but I cannot find any other games. What am I missing, or what is going on?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Can't Find Servers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:30:23 pm »

Try clicking refresh.

Many people have this bug where it shows few or no servers when they first run the game. Refreshing your server list should reveal the servers.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:22:19 pm »

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Do what Mangley said but also uncheck the "Show Server list" or however it is called in the lower left corner of your server browser. That might be causing troubles too.

Watties

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »

Thanks for the help.

I tried both of these, and all it does is try to refresh forever, with no results.

Is me living in Canada a problem?

Edit: Could you add me on steam (acc name watties1269) and then I follow you into a game?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »

Hmm.. try switching from your Internet tab to your History tab and then back to your Internet tab.

Also double check you have no filters enabled or anything typed in the 'tags' filter box.

If you still have no luck after this then exit the game, click on your Servers button in Steam, click on change filters and select Goldeneye: Source 3.1 as the game and click refresh. It should show you the servers and you can connect from there.

This is all assuming you're using the right version of Goldeneye: Source.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:01:57 pm by Mangley »

Watties

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 11:50:21 pm »

Still nothing

Can I get a link to everything I need to download please. Also maybe adding me on steam (see acc name above) I can just follow you in when your playing. Thanks.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:45 am »

I recommend a clean install then. Delete your steamapps/sourcemods/gesource folder and install GE:S 3.1 Full

Added you on Steam.

Xanril

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:24:10 am »

I am getting the exact same issue. I've tried everything suggested here, and yet no servers show. It just says "refreshing server list", and never stops unless I press "stop refresh".
So, if anyone knows how to resolve this...

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:54 am »

Make sure your firewall doesn't block the game from accessing the internet.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 01:53:24 pm »

What I'm experieing is that I get to see less servers if the thumbnail of the map is viewed in the server list (realy wierd). But until you have fixed the problem, you can try to join the Wnx servers directly by clicking join with you web browser if you go to http://www.ges-stats.com/hlstats.php?game=ges

Its where most people play anyway ;)

Watties

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

I reinstalled, after following Mangley's advice. Everything is good now.

erasmolbj

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • erasmolbj has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 04:41:31 pm »

Hi, I'm Brazilian, but my Goldeneye Source V 4.1, can't find any servers, somebody can help me?  ;)

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »

Uncheck 'show map list' in the server browser and then click 'Refresh' and wait a few seconds.

erasmolbj

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • erasmolbj has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 08:19:04 pm »

I receive this message after few seconds

"There are the no games available for your filter settings"

But all filters are empty!

How to fix? Thank you anyway!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:01:09 am by erasmolbj »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 10:05:46 pm »

Check you are using the correct version (4.1) and that your firewall is not blocking hl2.exe

You could also try the server browser in Steam view > servers and set the game filter to GE:S 4.1
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up