GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:00:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Gameplay Scenario: Launch Code  (Read 17873 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Gameplay Scenario: Launch Code
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 01:04:37 pm »

Using 'GoldnEye' as the title gives the impression that this game mode would be the main focus of the entire game. And yes, corny too!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »

The satellite was named Mischa, right?  Maybe that can be worked into something.

In addition to the defensive 8|8 DD44 I propose, Boris should have a custom melee weapon, the clickie-pen, when not equipped with the covert modem.  Token damage profile, and he twirls and clicks it as an idle animation.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 09:58:49 pm »

8|8 DD44 is in the game mode right now

btw, all, I finished foundation coding and am working on specific gameplay rules now.

And this is going to have to be a v4.2 release because I have too many cool new python goodies in v4.2 that will break the gameplay in v4.1

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:34 pm »

And because v4.2 will have the clickie-pen animations.  : )
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 06:43:44 am »

A possibility is to only have one terminal at a time open for capture, but have a timer for how long the hacker can hack it. Then when the timer runs out or the terminal is hacked the next terminal opens up and the round continues. Successfully hacked terminals give the attackers 1 points while the defenders get 1 point for defending a terminal for the amount of time it was opened. If a hacker is still hacking a terminal when the timer runs out, it goes into overtime for the terminal until the hacker stops the hack or the hack is complete. This also means rounds can continue on for extended periods of time without having to be reset to add another set of terminals.

Also, once we get arrows, maybe the hackers can hit their !voodoo keys to call for help if they're under attack.

Also, would be cool when the hackers were hacking they made that little keyboard typing sound Natalya did in the original game.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

Euph, you got some good ideas there. I think this needs to come down to beta testing to be honest. It will depend on what is more balanced and offers more strategic options in the end. I also want to gauge the fun factor.

I will start with my idea, but transitioning to yours would not be too terribly difficult.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 01:32:58 am »

it would be cool to use the taser boy as a device to hack the computers...

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 07:42:48 am »

it would be cool to use the taser boy as a device to hack the computers...

Surely that would just fry the components? Try it on your PC and let us know, if I don't get a response I'll assume you tried it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:47:37 am by markpeterjameslegg »

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 05:19:59 pm »

Surely that would just fry the components? Try it on your PC and let us know, if I don't get a response I'll assume you tried it.

If Q Branch can make the pen literally mightier then the sword with high explosives. why not have a tazer that can do more then just tazer someone.

;D

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »

They already have wristwatch animations for setting off the remote mines, why not create a new display on the watch for when your hacking terminals? You press "F" at the terminal and the watch comes up with a little timer and a "Deciphering Code" message flashing underneath.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 08:19:53 pm »

Could also give them the watch laser?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 08:28:59 pm »

Could also give them the watch laser?

Yes... While your hacking this could be your only means of protection against attack, but you would need to stay within the hacking area.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 10:21:18 pm »

Just so everyone is aware, we started play testing Launch Code's mechanics this weekend. So far so good, haven't strayed from the vision yet and it was good fun with 4 people (2v2) can't wait to get a good sized match going.

Fro

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fro has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 12:36:16 am »

Change the satellite firing to a nuclear missile launch and call the mode "Moonraker".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonraker_(novel)

"Thunderball" would work too.  Heck, there's 5-6 movies you could use that involve satellites firing (Diamonds are Forever, Die Another Day) or nuclear missiles launching (Tomorrow Never Dies, Never Say Never Again, The Spy Who Loved Me).

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 11:42:50 am »

Change the satellite firing to a nuclear missile launch and call the mode "Moonraker".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonraker_(novel)

"Thunderball" would work too.  Heck, there's 5-6 movies you could use that involve satellites firing (Diamonds are Forever, Die Another Day) or nuclear missiles launching (Tomorrow Never Dies, Never Say Never Again, The Spy Who Loved Me).

i vote for Tommorow Never Dies...or GoldenEye Strike.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up