GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:30:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE]The game crashes at startup  (Read 3892 times)

Nub Slayer

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nub Slayer has no influence.
[ISSUE]The game crashes at startup
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:47 am »

The game crashes after the valve and powered by source splash screens. I don't know what could be wrong. I even installed and played the beta 4 version to see if it was the sdk that was causing problems but I could play that fine. I can play other mods too. The error points to vstdlib.dll but I did a quick google search to no avail.

Here is the memory dump file if it help
http://www.mediafire.com/?dr4fn4l74t3r1s4

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE]The game crashes at startup
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:40:45 am »

I can't read dump files, but you could always try redownloading the full mod from a different source to see if you got a corrupted version or something. I haven't heard anyone else having this problem in version 4.1 but I did in 4, obviously cause we didn't use FMOD.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:09:34 am »

Try verifying the integrity of tool cache on your Source SDK Base 2007 files in Steam>Tools
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 02:37:17 am »

If it's showing the Valve/Source splash screens, then the mod didn't install correctly. Download the v4.1 installer and try again.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:05:43 am »

Also check if you installed Source SDK Base 2007.
The regular (old) Source SDK Base is only for mods based on the 2006 engine formerly known as EP1.

Nub Slayer

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

If it's showing the Valve/Source splash screens, then the mod didn't install correctly. Download the v4.1 installer and try again.

That seemed to be the error. I downloaded the installer form the torrent and it looks like it was downloaded fine. Now I don't know why the file changes its checksum by itself and doesn't install properly. I need to look in to that.

Thankfully I managed to install almost all of it. Now if someone could do me a really big favor and upload these two files for me to download:

gesource\maps\ge_bunker_classic.bsp
gesource\materials\models\players\006\006_mi6_body_normal.vtf

Those two are the only files that failed verification.

Thanks in advance!

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:38 pm »

chances are, if you didn't get those two files, you are probably missing other files too that you aren't aware of. Your best bet is to re download the mod from moddb or another site that isn't the torrent so that you have the complete game with nothing missing. Don't try to patch individual files, it will give you too much of a headache.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:44:39 am »

For what its worth: http://update.goldeneyesource.net/lefiles.zip

But I suggest redownload from reputable source above all else.

Nub Slayer

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

For what its worth: http://update.goldeneyesource.net/lefiles.zip

Thanks! I will use them for the time being.

But I suggest redownload from reputable source above all else.

I will do just that.

Thank you all very much for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up