GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 04:19:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New game mode suggestion  (Read 19431 times)

joycey84

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • joycey84 has no influence.
New game mode suggestion
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:01:14 pm »

Hi all,

I've had an idea for a game mode which has been rattling around my head for a week or so, and I think it would work well. It's called 'Know Thy Enemy' and it would be like Deathmatch, except that in addition to having radar, there would be tags visible above each player showing who they are. The idea is that it would add an extra layer of strategy by forcing you to decide which player/s you would stand a better chance against, and also avoid players who you know are really good with a particular weapon, depending on which set is being used. It would also put more pressure on the top players to use tactics and lure people into their path and suchlike.

Also while I'm at it, has a Christmas-themed mode ever been thought of? Like, I don't know, one player is selected to be Santa at the start of the round, and they have to deliver presents to.....ah I haven't thought that out yet  :-X

Helios

• WNxSpectra
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!Helios is awe-inspiring!
    • Warrior Nation
Re: New game mode suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 06:58:57 am »

This sound like a cool idea

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 12:24:30 am »

I know this is an old suggestion, but it inspired me to make True Colors -- a game mode where each player gets their own distinct radar icon color.

https://euphonic.dev/goldeneye-source/true-colors/

papel

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • papel has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 04:14:45 am »

I am a big fan of your work. Uplink is the most played mode on my server. Thank you very much for this contribution.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 03:30:39 am »

Also while I'm at it, has a Christmas-themed mode ever been thought of? Like, I don't know, one player is selected to be Santa at the start of the round, and they have to deliver presents to.....ah I haven't thought that out yet  :-X

A few years ago, Kraid made a Christmas map that describes a little bit in what you're talking about.

https://forums.geshl2.com/index.php?topic=7729.0
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 09:50:20 am »

Well... we once had a gamemode called "Life and let die".
One player was randomly selected to be Samedi.
He only could be defeated with the golden gun.
Kills with other guns caused him to level up and get more health and weapons.
On the other hand, if he killed one of the other players, they remained dead.
Samedi won if he killed all other players.
He lost if someone managed to kill him with the golden gun.

So players were also competing to get the golden gun.

Fun fact: the mas map includes an xmas outfit for samedi and i'd recomend to play it in L&LD mode.

Other alternations like hampers on the ammo boxes were removed again due to issues that occured in online enviroment.
(since these models are pre-cached, changing to other maps caused these items to be invisible in worst case)
Pages: [1]   Go Up