GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:56:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_train  (Read 37252 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_train
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 11:59:24 am »

the love train is back in action! some impressions:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:20:13 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:24 pm »

It's getting better and better, man. Keep it up! I really like how you opened up each car; it doesn't look nearly as claustrophobic as I'd expect from train :)
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • XtremeWRATH has no influence.
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »

WANT WANT WANT!!!  ;D

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

The new lighter textures in the first carriages has really opened up the map. Love it Cy.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »

I liked of the textures. are really in the original design. brings back the classic climate.
fantastic work. I wait anxiously for testing!!!   8)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

It really looks exactly like the original! (Except you can now see something :D )

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 02:59:26 am »

Textures look a lot better, needs some new assets though.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:36 am »

thanks everyone! progress rolls on

It won't be long until you can join the love train!

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »

Awesome!  Be sure to get it on SVN soon so the team can test it.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 06:20:22 am »

I'm really loving the brush work. Awesome job, man! I'm looking forward to this even more with each update :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 10:22:32 am »

train final texture work:

wagon doorhandles

golden doorhandles

shutter & upholstery

train brakeunits

and more

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »

Nice details!
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:16 am »

I understand you're probably keeping the scale as close as possible to 1:1 to preserve the "classic" nature, and perhaps I'm just nitpicking, but the benches and couches always looked kind of odd, to me. Even in the original, it looked as though they were made for people with really tall backs and tiny butts. However, it's nothing more than a minor blemish on an otherwise perfect map ;)

Aside from that, everything is extremely solid. Those textures look beautiful! I'm sensing you're almost done, so keep it up :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:45 am »

I understand you're probably keeping the scale as close as possible to 1:1 to preserve the "classic" nature, and perhaps I'm just nitpicking, but the benches and couches always looked kind of odd, to me. Even in the original, it looked as though they were made for people with really tall backs and tiny butts.

I know exactly what you mean and I suppose there are tons of odd things in those classic maps, but I try to stay close to the original this time. I also think about two versions of the map, the first with the traveling claustrophobic train you all know from the n64 version and a second, opened version with a non moving wrecked train standing on the tracks, so you would be able to walk in and outside, climb on the roof and fire in the interior from above. I think this would create VERY interesting matches
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:32:57 am by The Cy »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 07:18:57 am »

Looks fantastic Cy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up