GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:43:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errors. Errors, Errors  (Read 7633 times)

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KalebTheGamer has no influence.
Errors. Errors, Errors
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:01:24 pm »

Well I have a huge problem with the mod which is I cannot join a server without the mod crashing with an error like this, OnGameCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CGEMPRules' on the client. And before that I had an error like this, Engine Error: Could not load library client,  but managed to fix that by dragging the .dll files from source SDK2007 into the bin folder of the mod but the intro doesn't play and I cant play singleplayer, or the intro. Also I have all of the updates for the mod and I do in fact have source SDKbase 2007 installed ad the most recent version as of June 15 2013. i've also tried the -dxlevel 9 command line in launch options and got no luck. Can someoe please help

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Errors. Errors, Errors
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:47:02 pm »

A number of other people have experienced this in the last week or so, reinstalling the mod should fix it.

It seems like Valve maybe broke something (again), I'm not sure why people are independently getting missing .dll files unless it's Steam corrupting or removing them.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:00 pm »

Well I have tried that many times with google chrome and internet explorer but no luck with either

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:36 pm »

You need to replace the .dll from GE:S 4.2.4 (here), the one from SDK 2007 will not work.

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 04:25:24 am »

Well out of nowhere the game starts working after uninstalling the launcher(I have done this many times before) but now I have no intro(Well I do if black and white lines are the intro) , no menu photo, no texture for the options menu, weapons(They work but the smoke and bullets are white outlines), and weapon select screen, menu(Whatever its called) Does not even appear. And whenever I quit and relaunch I get the still running error screen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:44:39 am by KalebTheGamer »

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 07:11:24 am »

Completely delete the steamapps\gesource\ folder and run the 4.2.4 installer again. Validate your files for SDK Base 2007.

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »

I believe in the thesis of mangley. the valve changed something in the archives of Source SDK 2007 and stopped the execution of Goldeneye
I passed the week trying to work it. just reinstalling the mod with the installer  and I believe that will end the problem
In my case  it worked ...   

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 03:54:54 pm »

Reinstalled the launcher and same exact thing... corrupted textures

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

I'm not really sure how you managed to do that, honestly. lol
Can we get some screenshots? Maybe you should just download it again.

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 02:32:23 am »

Well here is my screenshots just on my profile but not all are goldeneye source http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kalebthegamer/screenshots/

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 02:39:39 am »

Also adding insult to that I had it working flawlessly at 200 FPS but had to uninstall due to disc space but I kept the installer that I downloaded the first time but it didn't work when I tried to reinstall
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:27:45 pm by KalebTheGamer »

KalebTheGamer

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 07:12:31 pm »

but that was a few years ago BEFORE steampipe
Pages: [1]   Go Up