GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:11:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crappy 3rd week  (Read 11081 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Crappy 3rd week
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:12 am »

I had a monitor failure which benched me for 2 weeks. I have an anxiety disorder so its not like hauling a computer into a store is easy. I do all my problem-solving via internet, mail, and when i can afford it - callout tech's.

Well the issue is resolved now, I finally ordered a replacement LCD, it is a 2ms 23" samsung, full HD 1080p. So bigger, better and faster than my previous LG 22" 16:10 monitor. All is well in that regard now. Computer issues over.

Week 3 is a different kettle of fish..This time its not a case diagnosing a computer part. I think my girlfriend of 6 years isnt in love with me like she was, anymore. We have been in a long distance thing for 4 of those now. And while I feel the same exact way as when i told her I loved her (we were good friends), I think she may have lost some feelings or been taken by someone in her real surroundings. I don't mean literally though I havent asked her that directly.

Between '07 and '09, things were very strong. We both had previous things "online" before we were together. So we understand the world. Its not too far off pen pals I always say...You know you hear those sappy stories of people 50 years ago corresponding via mail and finding out they have so much in common with the other, and fall in love. Finally after 10 years they decide to get over the fear and meet.

Well, we didnt even start that way, and though we continue to be apart in the literally physical sense, I can just open skype whenever she is online and she'll have a pretty good understanding from my tone and behaviour that I'm thinking of her in the physical sense..beat that penpals.

Money is the reason, we are both pretty poor and she is getting the rest of her education back home in colorado. Im stuck here in down under land, and tbo not a whole lot of me wants to live in the U.S, only the parts that want to be laid, or make money. Lifestyle wise I am happy in this little corner of the world. So, constant travel to her, or her to me isnt possible without putting crazy financial burden upon us.

Well anyway. I told her I'd noticed a big change in the way we communicate, specifically wondering if she had her feelings about me changed or questioned since recently. She got busy in the last 6 months and has been run off her ass with school and then she does telemarketting 6 hours 4 nights a week. What time she has she tries to claw her way onto yahoo and spend some time with me. But I noticed it. Even more than being busy she has slowly pulled away being into "us". I just assumed it was people in her world, that have always annoyed her and made her feel like shit, and brought up her troubled past.

So, tomorrow or whenever she has time I will be having a serious talk with my angela, whom I actually never imagined anything would change with, and it hadnt for 3.5 years of the "online relationship". Everyday felt the same amount of love, lust and affection for one another.

Yeah, crappy, sooo... this week will end with a few possibilities and saying them out loud is better than feeling ill inside.

a) We talk and she tells me she just hates not being with me physically, and that it makes her confused and frustrated about being in a long distance thing - and lists what I can do, and what she can do, to fix that (best case)

b) We talk and she tells me she still loves me and cares for me, but she is tempted by a guy she is friends with, and feels guilty that each day she falls less "in love" with me, and more with him. (I'd settle for that shit, distance impaired or not I can overcome some prick who known her less than a year.)

c) We talk and she tells me I did something wrong, or am failing her to be emotionally supportive, and it caused her to completely fall out of love with her before she could realize to say "we need to talk", and her friends are all more helpful to her problems. (would suck and likely leave us to decide to continue and fix it)

d) We talk and she tells me she changed, and became something different and wants something different, which isnt me anymore - though she will always care about me, she isnt emotionally or physically attached to me like she was and believes she could find that in her world (this would crush me, because I dont feel I have changed, I was great for her, she always told me I was.)

Either one, or variant of, I am uneasy to find out. And I just hope she doesnt tell me it was me. Because no kidding I have done everything a person could to make another person feel satisfied on all levels with a long distance thing.

We will see :( Wish me luck.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
Re: Crappy 3rd week
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:36:33 pm »

You're thinking about it too much. Running through hypothetical scenarios only screws things up even more due to paranoid out-of-character actions. Trust me buddy, I've been there. Maybe not 6 years, but I've sure as shit been in the same situation. Hit me up on skype and we'll talk about it.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »

tbo not a whole lot of me wants to live in the U.S

QFT

Dude, at least you have a relationship of sorts.  I have nothing.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 03:16:38 pm »

well, thanks man appreciate that, bass ; but I think I dont have too much of a need to chat with someone until I find out what the something is. And that is going to be the chat today or asap.

I believe I am thinking about the situation as level headed as I can - maybe that didnt come across in my first post there. And while shes not online I can have this thinking help me be calm and straight forward for the important talk we'll be having. Get my fears out the way beforehand so that any paranoia isnt fresh in my mind.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:21:51 pm »

Wake, it seems like me and you run parallel with l-i-f-e's struggles. Unfortunately long distance relationships are a real tough way to be in love. You both are in-love with what you remember about each other, and the fact that you cannot see the present version of yourselvs makes it hard too. But you are way over-thinking the scenarios my friend. I hate to say you need to let it play out; but you do. I have been in a similar scenario except we where in a distance where we could see eachother daily.

Keep in mind that it is very, very, possible that her life, filled with school,  work, life, and sleep really do take a serious strain, and toll on her time. So it is very possible that she has just simply put, been to buisy to speak. I know that would probably hurt to hear, but when your relationship is held together with fiber obtics, nobody can just have time to see someone. With you two, there is a need for a set date, and time in which you can talk/see with her.

But again, time heals all wounds, I know it is so very cliche, but it is so true. I know when you love someone it is hard not to think about them, and when you are not with them, some horrible thoughts enter your mind. I have been there, and done that. Wake, when those thoughts enter your head, know that they are not true, and have not happened. You are deffinately over thinking, some things, and love will make your brain function in really awkward ways, to the point that you think your going insane. Again, this has happened to me. Keep in mind that when you dont know what is happening in life, your brain will create scenarios so that you can "understand" what is going on; even if the scenario you created is completely wrong. That is just the way we, as humans, think.

Again, I hope the best, get some rest, and the rest, will come in time.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:32 pm »

Dude, at least you have a relationship of sorts.  I have nothing.

I wouldn't know either...

I don't know when an ideal time would be, but your first post up there might be good reading for the subject in question.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:06:02 am »

i had a similar deal with the female scientist even though we had to be apart 400 miles because of college the whole distance thing can really screw up a relationship.

best of luck with things dude, but know that a long distance thing can never be a permanent solution things will change for you either coming closer together, or moving further apart.

best of luck
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30:08 pm »

Just for clarity, since I didnt make it clear a little fact in my original posts. I already had asked her if something was different lately (before making the thread) other than her being busy with school/work and she confirmed its something over the last months shes realized, but she wants to have a proper talk instead of telling me in the meager time we usually get recently ; so were making it sunday - the first day she has no work this week.

I'm not really making too much out of it with my scenario's thinking.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 11:00:24 pm »

Big day.

Ok. We just had a 4 hour talk on skype. I was right about a lot of things except that one scenario was the singular. Its a combination really.

She has felt a loss of attachment to me in the last 6 months. She told me it is because there isnt a clear path to us being properly together again (which is true). She feels there isnt anyone who can treat her better than me and that no guy has ever come close, but she slowly over time wanting something local. She has friends who have admitted theyd want more if she was available. And, she has been shacking up with one guy for physical comfort occassionally 3 months (but he is a 'typical guy' in her words and sorta objectifies the thing, and well she reciprocates by only seeing it as satisfying her needs).

So yea, I doubt GE:S will be on my plate for some time, sorry to say.

There will be more talking, and more processing this whole situation for me. All im glad is that I was right that it was something and the communication was something I made sure I initiated. Hate silence, and knowing something is up. For me, I am happy by the fact we both care about each other as people above all this relationship turmoil.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 09:32:02 am »

I know how you feel buddy. While being in a meaningful relationship is the best feeling in the world, hooking up with many women with no strings attached is also quite nice. Maybe you should clean the palette and try something new! No use beating a dead horse, man.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 09:50:20 am »

LOL bass is pretty good at making his lifestyle appealing :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 09:01:28 pm »

I think you should take a vacation to Hawaii and have Bass be your wingman for about 2 weeks.

wont make you forget about the girl you love, but certainly will help you find new girls you like haha.

always takes time though dude take a break and get your self back on track.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:32 pm »

mmm..  the swim team we ran into wasn't that exciting..

Bass is standing between the two guys ni white trunks.  He was sharing the Angie story.  I has it all on video.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 12:44:51 am »

There will be more talking, and more processing this whole situation for me. All im glad is that I was right that it was something and the communication was something I made sure I initiated. Hate silence, and knowing something is up.

Yup, that is what i was saying about your mind creating stories. But in this case you where right. Hey man, it has happened to all of us, just keep your head high and move on. You WILL find a beautiful woman, ready for a perfect, caring, loving, giving, gentleman like yourself.

For me, I am happy by the fact we both care about each other as people above all this relationship turmoil.

Once you love someone, you always will love them; in a different, caring way. As opposed to the straight on love for her.

Please  talk to me man, i have alot of experiance, and wisdom with this sort of thing. I have been there too many times. You know I am here for you, like you where/are there for me when i needed help.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 01:24:53 am »

That's some serious bromance, sharp. Just remember; the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else! I know it's immature and shitty, but I felt like a champion when I saw my ex with a new guy.  He was short, fat, covered in tattoos, and a hippie. No one will ever fuck her like I did :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up