GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:18:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixed my Xbox360...  (Read 3146 times)

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
Fixed my Xbox360...
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:19:32 pm »

I replaced the X clamps on the motherboard with screws and reapplied thermal paste on the chips. Had a RROD for months and now it runs perfectly.

Has anyone else personally fixed their 360 and how long did the fix last? The website I looked off of claims the way I did it is a permanent fix.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: Fixed my Xbox360...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:59:18 pm »

pain in the ass huh?

I read somewhere on the web, that the source of the problem is the gpu chipset gets hot which melts the solder holding the chipset. To fix that, you need to reflow the gpu chipset and it will be a permanent fix.
 Some folks just replace the heatsink and add in paste and works for them. I say fill the system with 1-2 gallons of gasoline and attach a string and light it up (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) which should fix issues.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:00:53 pm by osaeed2k9 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up