GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:03:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_bunker_mg_classic  (Read 9982 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
ge_bunker_mg_classic
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »

Hello everyone, as you all know my rendition of Bunker Classic has been in the works for the past few months and I'm pleased to say it's finally here!

My goal with this map was to accurately recreate the original Bunker multiplayer map for GE:S and capture the feel and look of the original. To some this may seem like a simple task given that the geometry is not that complicated, but looks can be deceiving, and I found out soon after starting that I was in for a lot of painstaking work. I'll spare you the details but I can say with absolute confidence that as an end result this map is as accurate as is possible in Source.

As I'm completely against ripping content I set about creating my own textures for the map that were both faithful to the original and high-resolution. Given that in the original bunker so few textures I had the liberty to take full advantage of a larger texture budget. To put this into perspective, default texture resolution in Source maps is 16 pixels per square inch. In this map the textures range from 64 pixels per square inch to up to 324 pixels per square inch! And what's best about this is it has 0 cost on performance!

I also included some features from the singleplayer version of the map such as the control room screens and barred prison doors as I felt these not only looked better but helped the overall feel of the map. In the original they were only left out for performance reasons in multiplayer. And of course, as promised the map includes breakable lights, monitors, and glass all over the place just like the original.

Now obviously in some respects I had to deviate from the original in order to fill the requirements for GE:S gameplay. These changes include additional weapon and ammo spawns to account for higher player counts and swapping of one or two certain weapons to fix the balance for teamplay, aside from that the only other deviation is that the surface/helipad area no longer has any spawns in it, this is for both gameplay and balance reasons and also to prevent spawn-camping. The area is still there though and fully accessible for nostalgia's sake if not anything else.

Finally I'd like to take a moment to thank E-S, Luchador and JcFerggy for testing and providing constant helpful feedback and encouragement on the map. Credit also goes to Luchador for making the eye vault model. Thanks also to Major and Proxie for facilitating my hosting needs.

To Install:

Simply extract the .bsp file to your gesource/maps directory

Alternatively you can simply connect to a server that is running the map. It is already available on the [OWS] & [E-S-S] Clicknkill server and will be coming to other servers shortly.

Download:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

PS: Everything required for the map is contained within the .bsp, no need for reslists!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:44:27 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: ge_bunker_mg_classic
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:54:37 pm »

Looks amazing. Cant find fault. Excellent work Mangley, well worth the wait. Look forward to playing it.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 06:57:47 pm »

Love it, Thanks for the hard work, great outcome!

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

An awesome map indeed Mangley, I put the file onto my FTP so we don't have to worry about it expiring. http://wcservers.net/proxie/GES%20Forum/ge_bunker_mg_classic.zip

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:17:08 am »

I have said this once and I will say it again. You are amazing man. Not only have you helped me tremendously on Siberia and took time out of your creation to help me, but you also created this masterpiece. Thank you so much. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 04:27:03 am »

Great work out there! I'll try this out ASAP.
Thanks a bunch for your work!

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 06:41:22 am »

This map is awesome and sets the standard for future classic maps. +1

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 09:45:59 am »

*applauds* It's pretty good and epicly close to the original, awesome work. I'm also hosting it here :P

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 10:27:22 am »

great work, sir mangley! you are the sunshine of my life!  ;D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

arturok1992

• Secret Agent
  • arturok1992 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:17 am »

Nice Mangley  :)

Seiya

• WNxJúlioCésar
  • Agent
  • Seiya has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 12:56:39 pm »

Good work. It's very close to the original.

Nicely done.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 04:17:12 pm »

Wow you got the scale pretty close and the lighting is about as close as it gets, only issue I noticed is that the stairs need to be playerclipped badly to avoid the jerking up/down effect, and it's not possible to go down the stairs from the helipad without getting caught on the ceiling supports.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »

The release of the map is why I'm an hour and a half away from my computer. Figures...
Looking forward to it. :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:12 am »

It looks so complete, I swear it has easter eggs!

Oh, and hi everyone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up