GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:16:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: Music Composer  (Read 56667 times)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: Application: Music Composer
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »

Oh it is so very tempting to retort just for the amusement after checking out your soundcloud previews.

Perhaps if you spent the same amount of time leveling your own instruments as you do trying to grind people's gears on the internet for whatever reason the guitar sound in your Bond preview wouldn't be 75% softer than what seems to be everything else that's redlighting.

Now go ahead and tell me you don't appreciate my tone and are going to have me banned from the forums and what not, you were right, I have been far too nice on this forum and needed to tell you how it is, I am familiar enough with the internet to know exactly what you are from your very first reply on this post.

First of all my soundcloud tracks are old as hell and not to mention i have bettered my new tracks with the knowledge i gained through GoldenZen, Basstronix and watching tutorials. I haven't posted my new stuff anyhow. You have a lot to learn about music production my friend. Your tracks prove that you know very little about music composition. I wasn't trying to piss you off, my advice is always blunt and to the point. Deal with it. I told you several times what to do and yet you never responded to my criticism, so i thought i would be totally blunt with you since you obviously need it. Seriously, play that track you posted in the car and see how many people you drive by laugh at it, or better yet when you upload and post a track to a forum or a social media site think to yourself "Does this really sound good" and if your answer is no then don't post it. I told you my opinion which i am entitled to and yet you attack me. I don't even get why the developers even gave you a chance....I have no idea of what they were thinking.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »

We are thinking this guy has a lot of motivation and he can improve with time.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2015, 10:32:18 pm »

We are thinking this guy has a lot of motivation and he can improve with time.

Let's hope. I want to see this fellow succeed. Yes i maybe be harsh but so is my dad and i turned out great :D....maybe not stable but successful at least. Without some sort of guidance the world would be chaotic.

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:22 pm »

If the criticisms are reality to you, accept; if not, not of importance to it and move on. 

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 12:04:47 am »

If the criticisms are reality to you, accept; if not, not of importance to it and move on. 

Words of wisdom. :)

Tweaklab "Housos" TV Show Credits

Don't worry, after being a fan of this guy's shows and films for 10 years (Fat Pizza, Swift and Shift Couriers, Housos, Bogan Hunters) only to have him use 19 of my original tunes in 2 TV shows and a film (all of which I got paid for upfront + royalties) it takes a bit more than a few self-righteous domineering types on the internet to ruffle my feathers and have me question my art form ;)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 01:00:42 am »

It’s not easy to take an honest look at yourself and your weaknesses, but you can only grow if you’re willing to try.

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2015, 01:21:38 am »

It’s not easy to take an honest look at yourself and your weaknesses, but you can only grow if you’re willing to try.

So true!

Words to Live By, next Bond title? :P

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2015, 02:18:52 am »

So after adding a few more filter effects here and there I've also panned 95% of the instruments so that rather than "layering" strings and guitars like I initially did, it's now spread across both speakers evenly without making it sound like something is missing in either ear at anytime (at least according to both my monitor headphones and speakers)

See what ya'll think :)

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2015, 06:52:01 am »

It seems much better now...     ;D

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2015, 05:24:44 pm »

Tweaklab, I do have an issue regarding your music for control and would like to see some input from you. During your track the song speeds up and changes tempo twice... How do you think the player would feel having the tempo rapidly change and finish at a high tempo and then switch to a song by basstronix or soul which is at a calmer tempo speed? What I'm trying to get at is that when map's play songs, it's random... so how do you think control would fit alongside the other soundtracks used for the map?

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »

Tweaklab, I do have an issue regarding your music for control and would like to see some input from you. During your track the song speeds up and changes tempo twice... How do you think the player would feel having the tempo rapidly change and finish at a high tempo and then switch to a song by basstronix or soul which is at a calmer tempo speed? What I'm trying to get at is that when map's play songs, it's random... so how do you think control would fit alongside the other soundtracks used for the map?

I think you have a very valid point regarding the shifting BPMs in contrast to the existing tracks, my best answer is that given the existing tracks are of a slower (closer to the original) tempo for the tune it inspired me to make mine stand out, not in a way to say that "mine's better" but just to give variety more than anything rather than just throwing different samples over what has already been done.

Infected Mushroom is one of my biggest influences and a lot of my original tracks have a few changes in styles to keep the track interesting so I wanted to bring that to GE:S to a degree, to see how it was received at least anyway. :)

With all the music I've written so far for GE:S (albeit a whole 2.2 songs at the moment lol) I have been testing them in game as they have been developing and expanding to make sure it fits well as "game music" rather than "listening music", I personally find the current mix works well in game and due to the drop from 175BPM to 145BPM at the climax with the final Bond flare it makes it clear that the last 4 minutes have been from a single track and that something new has just started playing by somebody else, I personally didn't notice it to effect the flow of the match but that's just me of course :)

Having said that, I have to admit that if one day the game had the feature where the track changes when there is 1 minute left in the match then something like the 175BPM section would work most effectively for what I had in mind, though even without that, I found the shifts in BPM "nudged" me to want to play a certain way, not because I had to, but because I wanted to haha it's like you go from stealth to rambo mode in a matter of seconds, could be good for campers etc :P and I had the fact that my track could play anywhere in the match in mind when I did that.

I'm happy to make an alternate version that either ends in the original tempo and drops the drum and bass section entirely or drops back from the dnb to the slower breakbeat section etc so I'll try and get that done this week sometime and post up a comparison!

Thanks for taking the time to give the specific feedback :)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2015, 10:42:31 pm »

Hey Tweaklab,

How would you feel about making an entirely drum and bass inspired version?
I find that part of your track a nice modern twist to the James Bond themes we know.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2015, 04:21:42 am »

/\ I agree with Emillia
That would be awesome :)

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:44 am »

Hey Tweaklab,

How would you feel about making an entirely drum and bass inspired version?
I find that part of your track a nice modern twist to the James Bond themes we know.

I think that is a FANTASTIC idea and I would love to :) to keep it interesting I can also throw in a few drumstep sections to give the tempo a bit of diversity in places for the slow down sections / intro too.

Wicked suggestion. Cheers :)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2015, 11:40:15 pm »

So after adding a few more filter effects here and there I've also panned 95% of the instruments so that rather than "layering" strings and guitars like I initially did, it's now spread across both speakers evenly without making it sound like something is missing in either ear at anytime (at least according to both my monitor headphones and speakers)

See what ya'll think :)

sounds no different from your last version.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up