GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:24:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling All Mappers  (Read 14020 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Calling All Mappers
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:44:13 am »

Well im updating ges 1.1h to include yolt gameplay and i thought it would be a good idea to include some third party maps. So if you know of any good completed maps please post them up and i will look into including them at the end of the week.

Maps have to meet the following:
*fully completed (no dev textures)
*have weapon load outs working
*be able to support at least 12 players
*no major bugs or glitches.

Lodle

apalrd

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • apalrd has no influence.
Re: Calling All Mappers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:30:48 pm »

When will this update be released? I was hoping to upgrade my servers to it. When it is, will it be included as the official GESbeta1.1 or will it be available seperately

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:17:57 am »

in a week or two. It wont be official, just like the other 1.1 patches but should work with out problems.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 04:04:24 am »

Hey, The SSL is here with a great new map! This one in ge_quad, and it's definitely my best yet. I tried to use all the things I've learned about dince pitfall on this map, like func_detail, nodraw, light_environment, func_precipitation, func_glass_rebreakable_surf, everything that I could possibly use to make the map look great, and still be fun to play. The map has a style similar to pitfall, but I tried to expand it a lot, so the it was on a scale similar to cradle (relative to pitfall). I also tried to throw i bit of the dark, mysterious caves style into the mix, and added the ran to add some life to the map. I used displacements for the first time in this map also, used in the skybox as mountains going into the far background, with towers similar to the ones found in the map out there too (at a 1/16 scale, of course). This map can be used for any number of players, large or small, and there are many passageways to any part of the map. Also, as in pitfall, there is a thin bridge leading to the center of the area, with a golden gun in the middle.

I really hope you all enjoy it, and it's official-release worthy!

Here's the link:
http://doc-no.net/map/beta1/ge_quad.zip
Thanks to Dr. No/B@dplayer, he bspzipped it for me, and is now hosting it too. (Yay!)

Oh, and  my good steam buddy and clan leader mancalled wrote a review of my map on his site, if you want, you can check it out!
http://sandwichreviewerquarterly.tumblr.com/
Have fun playing, and enjoy! :)

Oh, and I'm going to try to get one more map out before Friday, it's turning out very well. (I currently have 3 in the works at the moment)

I would also like to thank Kraid a million times for his help, answering my countless questions and giving me useful tips, he's taught me about 90% of what I now know in Hammer

I also have some screenshots:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:05:23 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:48 pm »

I'm going to try to get siberia, citadel, and lafayette(frigate) ready by friday. Unforunately siberia and lafayette were converted to ep2 in anticipation of ge:s beta 3 so now i have to convert them back to ep1.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:31:50 pm »

Link for my map is up now!

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:06:47 pm »

They're ready!

First, version 3 of citadel now featuring 1000% more metal crates.

Some of the spawn points were given better protection too.

Next, siberia has been updated. It's now called ge_siberia_day because there will be a night version coming, it's just not ready yet. The dish building has new custom textures, as do the trees which are now snowy.

Best of all, thanks to kraid for giving me an awesome new apc and tree models.

Finally, ge_lafayette is being released. It's not finished, but it's playable and I wanted to get it out for this update. I know of a couple minor glitches such as a floating door and misaligned textures, but there shouldn't be any major problems. In the future I'll be adding the helicopter, speedboat, main gun, and other custom models. Thanks to B@dPlayer for finding the frigate music for me. :)

Download: http://files.filefront.com/luchadormappackzip/;10528605;/fileinfo.html

Put the maps in your /maps folder, of course, but also make sure you put the loadout files in your maps/loadouts folder or weapons won't appear.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could check the maps to make sure all the custom stuff is showing up/playing right before lodle adds them. Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:50:31 am by Luchador »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 04:37:25 am »

Dont worry ill check them out. :P

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:36:18 pm »

Thank you i like it
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 06:26:26 am »

There appear to be some issues with quad already. Basically, I've found that some people have the old version of quad that didn't have the textures packed in it, and that's messing up everyone with the old map with everyone that has the version of the map that has the textures packed into it. As far as I know, most of the servers running the map are on the new version, but make sure that you have the most current release Frexx, so that this doesn't get any more mixed up then it already is. And for those of you who are stuck with the old map, I think it can be fixed by deleting the .bsp file of ge_quad, the loadout scripts in the loadouts folder, and by deleting the textures in materials\Goldeneye\quad. I hope I can somehow get it all straightened out!

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 08:51:27 am »

i can always include the textures as addon for the patch. It should sort that problem out.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:58 pm »

That's good. I thought it was doomed! Anywho, is the deadline over? I have the menu background map almost finished now, and should be done by Friday.

Also, is this going to be called beta 1.1i then?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:07:06 pm by The SSL »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:55 am »

Waiting on testers atm. Dont want to release with bugs.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:32 pm »

I have the main menu map mostly done at this point and it's the first map which I've done everything myself from scratch, including all the textures, with the exception of the bond photo, which is a modified version of the one for the character selection menu., the only issue I'm having is with the input/output system, I can't figure out how to make my player view snap to that of the camera. And yes, I've already looked through the vdc page multiple times, if anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong, please tell me. I have everything they say: info_player_start, point_camera, logic_auto, point_viewcontrol, all that. I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the input/output system...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zippy has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 12:44:53 pm »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up