GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:10:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source Engine (What to install)?  (Read 5884 times)

GeneralChurch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GeneralChurch is looked down upon.
Source Engine (What to install)?
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:19 pm »

I am going to go out to purchase a game idk which to buy though and how will i know if the source engine is included int he game such as CS Source or HL2 Source... will the box look different.  i mean i had HL Source but i just logged back in after uninstalling then reinstalling on my new OS and it says the key is in use... how do i get back on w/o buying a new game  :'(

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Source Engine (What to install)?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:51:11 am »

Too play GE:S (and most all mods) you will need any one of these games:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16&advanced=0&term=&category1=

Ranging from $5 all the way to $40...

If you purchased a game, and it says the cd key is in use, then I'd contact Valve and see what they can do.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:58:23 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 06:13:22 pm »

I am going to go out to purchase a game idk which to buy though and how will i know if the source engine is included int he game such as CS Source or HL2 Source... will the box look different.  i mean i had HL Source but i just logged back in after uninstalling then reinstalling on my new OS and it says the key is in use... how do i get back on w/o buying a new game  :'(

You don't need to Re-Enter your Key to use your old games on steam. Just go to the "My Games" Tab, select HL1 Source under the "Not Installed" section, right-click on the game, and hit install. That is, if you are using the same steam account that had that game on it.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:26:28 pm »

Well sometimes a person might not have had a steam account. Since steam came along users with CD keys need to "activate a product on steam" function in steam, for CD key purchased games. That is just fair warning to others and in church's case he might try that function :D

GeneralChurch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GeneralChurch is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:37 pm »

its cool i got it all back and am starting to play.  i recovered my old account and grabbed HL1 HL2 and CS:S  and have been playing GES all day.  thanks guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up