GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:42:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [NOTED] Death by Respawn  (Read 4686 times)

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
[NOTED] Death by Respawn
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:51 pm »

Sometimes when I'm playing an ordinary round I die, respawn, than the game tells me I have committed suicide. Very frustrating because I'm an achievement whore and I'm constantly trying to obtain the relatively difficult ones. This only happens occasionally.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:58:38 am by Sean [Baron] »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [BUG] Death by Respawn
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:37:53 pm »

Yeah, it is a bug and has already been reported. A lot of players complain about this. It has happened to me more than once, to be honest.

This will be corrected in the next patch, I guess.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:54 pm »

I thought it was due to the map  not having enough spawn points because it only happened to me on a round start when everyone is spawning at the same time.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:50 pm »

this will pretty much only happen on servesr that are playing small maps with 14+ players.

some of the maps like classic maps just weren't built for huge numbers of people, but server owners kind of set it and forget it and leave there servers unattended. hopefully they will fix this by adjusting their map rotations if the have large numbers..
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:38:58 pm »

I have thought of a solution to rampant spawn kills they is a little divergent from the norm. Basically, when the round restarts is when the most spawn kills happen, 1 or 2 during play is typical per round on complex/classic maps.

My solution is this:

When you try to find a spawn point, if you first 4 choices (the ones chosen to prevent spawning near enemies) come up as being occupied already, then you will cycle through the remaining spawns. If you do not find an available spawn, then you will be placed in a queue. Every second after that, an attempt will be made to spawn you in at a random spawn point away from enemies, etc etc. So it is a little inconvenient to start the game (at worst) 2-3 seconds later then everyone else as people evacuate their spawn areas, but you also don't ruin game modes like YOLT and ruin the ultimate fun.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:41:01 pm »

That seems fair. I would like to see something like that happen, as well as more spawn points on maps just to be sure. ;)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 02:09:39 am »

that sounds good monkey, cant wait to see how that works out.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
Re: [NOTED] Death by Respawn
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 04:12:59 am »

For ge_control specifically, there are way too few spawns either way. I thought I had many in it, I remember adding them at some point a long time ago, but the current map file doesn't have them for whatever reason. More will be added in an update.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control
Pages: [1]   Go Up