GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:52:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Achievement Ideas  (Read 81041 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Achievement Ideas
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 08:09:43 pm »

Well then how would you make an Achievement around the hats? Apart from "Shoot X amount" or "Don't get Shot", what else could there really be?

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »

You could do "Shoot X amount of hats off in one round". I suppose that would take a little skill.

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:00 pm »

The problem I have with that idea, is what if you plan to try and do that, and little to no people have hats on, so then it would be next to impossible to achieve that round.

The "Shoot X amount" one just floats in the background, so you might not expect to get it when you do. The "Don't get shot" one is more direct, where you have to set out a plan to do it. The "Shoot X amount in a round" is a awkward mix of both, where it could be incredibly easy if you join a server with 20-or-so Oddjobs, but next to impossible with all Bonds.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:34 pm »

Hmm, you have a point. I guess I forgot that Oddjob, Mishkin and maybe Ourmov will probably be the only ones wearing hats. I guess we would have to settle for "Shoot X amount". I don't like the idea of the "Don't get shot" achievement because it's just going to encourage people to camp. Team Fortress 2 is a great example of having poor teamwork just because some people are more concerned with getting achievements.

JcFerggy

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 09:04:10 pm »

I agree with what you said with Team Fortress 2. There you actually earn  stuff for doing Achievements. With GoldenEye: Source, it is more for tracking your stats. Maybe we could have both. Most people frown upon camping in servers anyway, and it is one one achievement; it's not like all of a sudden people will get some sort of plague, and just stop killing people.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 09:12:06 pm »

I know it's just one achievement, but I don't think it's a good idea regardless. It's earned with luck and it doesn't even track any sort of stat.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 11:16:40 pm »

License to Kill Upgraded/Outdoing Yourself/License to Kill Revoked: Kill X people in 30 seconds
From the Russian Skies with Love/From the Skies with Love/ Flying Ace: Kill 5 people while falling/airborne!
Die Another Day: Kill while below 10% health
[Revenge quote here]: Kill X people while dead
[the owner of the Golden Gun here] Killer: Kill a Golden Gun holder with the black PP7.
NINJA!: Kill X people with thrown knives in a spree!
A spy's best friend: Kill 500 people with the PP7
Renard Ripoff: Kill someone who headshotted you with a PP7 when they reduced your health to 5% or less with that PP7 they were holding.
Demolitions Expert: Kill 50 people with explosives (mines, grenades, or otherwise)
P90 Kills: Kill 90 people with the P90

Also:
This is my first post on this forum!:D

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 11:26:46 pm »

Those are some good ideas. I guess I could come up with a few. Though I'm horrid at names.

* Insert lame mine pun here*: Kill X amount of people with a single mine.

Something about Stealth: Kill 5 people in a row without taking damage using a silenced weapon.

Bond move: Kill multiple people with a prop (probably the explosive barrels in Facility Backzone).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:33:07 pm by Storm101 »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 01:24:37 am »

For England James?..No for ME -  While playing as Bond Blast Janus off of cradle.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

JcFerggy

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:37 am »

I like your idea Spider, but maybe just leave the title as "For England James?".

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:45 am »

Die Another Day: Kill while below 10% health
GG Killer: ...

WOW I fucking love those (scribbles notes)

Make me icons and they are in

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 02:15:27 am »

Be sure to credit me that Scaramanga Killer one.

The best part about killing KM with the PP7 while he holds the Golden Gun isn't pwning his ass,
but putting it into a video and showing everyone on the internet that I did.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 04:08:59 am »

Maybe an achievement for killing x amount of people while crouched or killing enemies who are crouched. I'm not creative with coming up with names.

P.S. My first post!

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 08:17:50 am »

I like your idea Spider, but maybe just leave the title as "For England James?".

the main reason i wanted the full quote was cause at the beginning of the movie. Alec says "James.. For England" Alec also says "For England James" just before Orumov blows his head off.

that makes it clear exactly which part i mean and the full quote brings the achievement full circle to exactly what happened in the movie.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:22:34 am by Jonathan [Spider] »
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »

I think it would be cool if before you get that achievement, it would say "For England, James?" Then once you complete it, the "No, for ME" part shows up in the title.

Anyone understand that at all?
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up