GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:06:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [WEP] ZMG Render (11/23/06)  (Read 23883 times)

framed

• Reputation Power: 0
  • framed has no influence.
    • My Website (heavy wip)
Re: [WEP] ZMG Render (11/23/06)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:37:36 am »

vaic what if the silenced and unsilenced had identical damage, spray, and recoil, and we only changed the sound? Come on its really a small thing that will not impact gameplay in any way.
This is not the greatest game in the world. No. This is just a tribute.

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 09:34:57 am »

I was digging the ability to toggle the silencer, but in light of Viashino's argument, I believe I've changed my stance.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 10:44:50 am »

Already, the different behaviors for silenced/unsilenced weapons works in the scritps...but it's impossible for a Classic server to operate if people can pop the silencers off of PP7-S and D5K-S for the accuracy boost, and making U/S match would remove the guns, again killing hopes for Classic servers.  The only way to get it right is to do it right.  That being said, I do support toggling being allowed as an option.  Scenarios like YOLT, especially in properly designed maps, could make stealth a real option, and make silencer toggling a gameplay mechanic, rather than a way to annoy people with little pew-pew-pew sound effects.

The canon weapon sets were designed with silenced/unsilenced's differences in mind -- I don't see why GES couldn't support specification of U, S, or Toggleable weapons in a weaponset, or at least specify U or S on pickup, and have an sv_ that may allow or deny switching form.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

framed

• framed has no influence.
    • My Website (heavy wip)
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 04:00:18 pm »

Its not a matter of can we, its why would we. I believe if GE64 could support toggleable U or S it would have been implemented. stealth in a DM is really an afterthought, and we've already made changes to the game that would impact gameplay even moreso than the matter of U or S.

As far as a sv option goes, I think it would be a good idea to just have sv_classicmode which restricts these cvars but only on classic map loadouts.

We should just talk about it further in a dev/PT forum.

Ontopic, nice render omg!
This is not the greatest game in the world. No. This is just a tribute.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up