GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:12:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 56753 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:07 am »

i actually like the papercut models..there is something awesome about them especially when you go into No Clip mode and go behind them and they still look at you...its creepy but cool

what is the james bond island?

dont reduce the height too much though as some players tend to get clastraphobic :P

1. I DO want the papercuts, but real prop_physik papercuts, not these damn alphachannel-tga-files. I want the papercuts to move a little bit when you shoot them, bouncing forward and backwards, like cowboy bashe's girlfriend you see here:

2. the james bond island is the scaramanga beach.

3. they won´t get claustrophobic, feels better now:

4. here's the mobster area from rogue agent:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:07:27 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:22 am »

Hey I really like oyur funhouse. I'm happy that someone finally made it. As someone pointed out before, it would be awesome to be able to go outside, on the island. But that would be a huge thing to do. For the song, I think you should use a smooth instrumental version of the main song from the movie. Or just ask someone to make a cover of it. Anyway, your map is awesome!
Currently in Progress : ge_mi6 hq

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 01:24:43 am »

Hey I really like oyur funhouse. I'm happy that someone finally made it. As someone pointed out before, it would be awesome to be able to go outside, on the island. But that would be a huge thing to do. For the song, I think you should use a smooth instrumental version of the main song from the movie. Or just ask someone to make a cover of it. Anyway, your map is awesome!

actually version 1 you could go onto the island and hang out in Scarmanagas dining room...he is going to make a part 2 of Scarmangas Island....

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:11 am »

actually version 1 you could go onto the island and hang out in Scarmanagas dining room...he is going to make a part 2 of Scarmangas Island....

Yeah I just saw the first screenshots on the level. Looks awesome despite it being in the early stages.

Cy, I really hope you do bring back the island and the dinning room. I would even suggest to keep only the best rooms from the funhouse so that including the beach and the dinning room wouldn't make it too big of a map. But if you do make a part 2 of just the island, I would suggest that you add the wrecked plane(how bond originaly reached the island), the laboratory kind of room(where the bond girl and the black engineer were during the gunfight), the room with the big lazer thing and even the solar panel on the top of the rock. Just some suggestions. Anyway I love your work and I'm eager to see the future versions.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:34:24 am »

Yeah I just saw the first screenshots on the level. Looks awesome despite it being in the early stages.

Cy, I really hope you do bring back the island and the dinning room. I would even suggest to keep only the best rooms from the funhouse so that including the beach and the dinning room wouldn't make it too big of a map. But if you do make a part 2 of just the island, I would suggest that you add the wrecked plane(how bond originaly reached the island), the laboratory kind of room(where the bond girl and the black engineer were during the gunfight), the room with the big lazer thing and even the solar panel on the top of the rock. Just some suggestions. Anyway I love your work and I'm eager to see the future versions.

I don´t know if I´m gonna finalize the second part. I concentrate on perfecting the funhouse and then I will see what to do. I have scaramanga's beach (dining room/backroom/training room/part of the beach with plane) right here, maybe someone else would like to finish it. I finish up my art studies soon, so there isn´t time for big things at the moment.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:17 pm »

I have scaramanga's beach (dining room/backroom/training room/part of the beach with plane) right here, maybe someone else would like to finish it.
I would be happy to finish it after I'm done with MI6. Anyway I was planning on creating more "classic"(not n64 classic but classic as old movies maps) maps like Fort Knox, Blofeld's Volcano Lair, etc.. So Scaramanga's Island would be perfect for me. Although I'm really just a beginner in mapping, I might need some help.

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:26 pm »

hows the progress going?

i was thinking why not have screams come from the bottom of the woodern bridge?

will the deathtraps be modified?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »

hows the progress going?

i was thinking why not have screams come from the bottom of the woodern bridge?

will the deathtraps be modified?

progress is everything. I fly through the walls of my map and I try to give every single room a different feeling/mood. and I´m searching for the best hi-res textures I could find. light yellow wood planks, dark brown bricks. textures with rich colours; colours which transport a special technicolor-60s/70s feeling and make this funhouse, that was built with typical spy-fi cardboards, believable. it has to look cheap and it has to look good at the same time. like a "avengers"-episode.

and I don´t know which elements will be there at the end. I´m thinking about deleting the walk of fame, because it has nothing to do with scaramanga`s funhouse, it´s just a homage to the developers. I´m thinking about deleting my friends & myself, because we don´t fit in this mobster-place. scaramanga would hate us. and I´m also thinking about adding a labyrinth to the bottom of the pyramid room. the player would fall of the wooden bridge and maybe he would have the chance to come back again, searching for a way out of the labyrinth. I´m also very interested in adding some optical illusions. playing a map is like being a part of a movie. its all about entertaining the mind/ the heart through perception.

so I´m browsing for picture puzzles, optical things which give me headaches like these examples:

and here are new pictures of the funhouse v4:

more compact now: the cowboy area

sitcom area, still very WIP.

slim-fast: new funhouse sign, walls and colours.

purple rose of spyro

new WIP area next to the control room: scaramanga's final resting place (with coffin and picture). I like the idea that scaramanga is dead while his house is still living on.

I deleted the small vents. I want freedom like william wallace

I´m very proud of this new hi-res brick texture. this is the cheap cardboard style I strive for.

ii: illusion-integration
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:04:56 pm by The Cy »

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »

This is looking really sweet Cy. There is a lot more atmosphere in this version compared to the previous one. Keep up the good work!
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 12:44:08 am »

I´m thinking about deleting the walk of fame, because it has nothing to do with scaramanga`s funhouse, it´s just a homage to the developers. I´m thinking about deleting my friends & myself, because we don´t fit in this mobster-place.

aww thats a shame as i like both of those- maybe you can turn the walk of fame into a deathtrap- with a flick of a switch in the control room one of the pictures will fall down and spawn a grenade damaging or killing any unfourtunate players...

i think it looks good with you and your friends in it- it gives it more depth to the map plus it will look odd if there is isnt anyone in that area

Rick Astley

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 12:47:27 am »

but yeah the map looks awesome the images look very promising...

the 3rd optical image does give me a bit of a sore head...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 02:07:34 am »

2nd illusion image is my favorite

terps4life90

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »

Well done Cy, its looking good. Can't wait to play it :).

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 05:44:04 am »

One hell of a change! That looks very promising, Great work!

Rick Astley

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 05:02:58 am »

any new updates Cy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up