GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:15:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good prospects for a realese at 24.12 or 1.1.10 ?  (Read 9279 times)

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
Re: Good prospects for a realese at 24.12 or 1.1.10 ?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 09:35:02 am »

LOL, Black Mesa is going to be shit on when they release because they never gave any public exposure. You absolutely need the public eye to help you progress with the perfection of the mod.
Your post is full of shit. Like GoldenEye007 and Half-Life ever had public beta testing before the final release... ::)

I love GE:S but BM:S is going to kick some serious ass. Seen the latest trailer? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feature=player_embedded&v=G32_q_3es8E

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 09:59:16 am »

Your post is full of shit. Like GoldenEye007 and Half-Life ever had public beta testing before the final release... ::)

I love GE:S but BM:S is going to kick some serious ass. Seen the latest trailer? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feature=player_embedded&v=G32_q_3es8E

Mate, they had beta version for test, but not public beta versions.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 10:20:04 pm »

Ah, that's depressing to see that the latest trailer's from 2008... Still, if the rest of the game is half as good as that video, it'll be worth the wait.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 04:37:15 am »

LOL, Black Mesa is going to be shit on when they release because they never gave any public exposure. You absolutely need the public eye to help you progress with the perfection of the mod.

:-\ Sarcasm?

Anyway, Black Mesa has over 50 devs.. that's a Beta testing army in itself.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 05:52:12 am »

I sorta agree with KM, but maybe BMS specifically isnt that kind of situation. Podcast 17 seems to think its because many members are in the same studio company and so its a professional responsibility to be perfect before anyone sees it outside of their official beta test system. A failure or perception of half assed production quality is a risk to them, is how podcast 17 described the delay.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:54:15 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 02:33:43 pm »

Ah, that's depressing to see that the latest trailer's from 2008...
It was from 2009... However the "2009" was added because they thought that they'd be finnished that year.

However... according to them some show stoppers appeared that they had to resolve first and so the mod was postponed to somewhere this year ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:37:24 pm by V!NCENT »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 03:17:39 pm »

Early this year, hopefully... since they recently submitted an evaluation version of the mod to PC Powerplay Magazine. Although they didn't make the 2009 release, they apparently came very close.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 10:20:04 am »

BM:S look really good i have to say, but with over 50 DEV´s, it´s understandable, that they can make it so good.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 05:00:37 pm »

They just have to watch out for the Duke effect.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »

They just have to watch out for the Duke effect.
With a release this close (finnishing showstopper bugs) and HL2 Episode 3 this far, I don't think that they will switch engines... ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up