GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:05:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Divideo Custom Weapon Sounds  (Read 13081 times)

Divideo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Divideo is looked down upon.
Re: DD44 New (better) Sound Effect
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 09:01:39 pm »

The only reason why I called it BETTER was because it is in fact better than the crappy sound that is currently being used.  I did not contradict myself because I am entitled to my own opinion.  The sound for the DD44 right now just doesn't sound right to me.  It sounds weak.  DD44 was an awesome weapon in goldeneye 64, and I think it deserves better than what it has right now.  Not saying mine is the right one, but its better than the one currently
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:05:20 pm by Divideo »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 09:58:11 pm »

Better in your personal opinion though, that doesn't automatically make it better in everyone elses oppinion.

People have different tastes, some people find certain pitches more appealing than others. Some people are tonedeaf, others are able to identify the sound of a pin dropping during a thunderstorm.

It's not better, it's just different. To me it sounds worse.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:48:45 am »

@Divideo, sorry, but it sounds like shit. so, it´s NOT better. the sound of the current DD44-version is good enough.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 06:36:28 am »

I dont think anyone should beat down anyones efforts for or against his claims. But fact is, we are the team creating these assets, so for the most part what we do is what we stand by unless amended in future of our own directives.

He can call it better, but its not written in stone that his opinion is fact. So for that thinking, should he call it better in the face of the our professional production? Maybe not. Still, freedom of speech I guess.

Since his sound and engineers edit is available to the public as 3rd party, this topic has supplied the community with its option to use them :) enjoy if you chose too.
===========

Im going to repeat the mod objective in regard to sound design.

Recreating the nostalgia while making each sound file seem correct to the assets and atmosphere WE produce for a modern engine.

So, no fan or dev should be thinking that making our official weapons sound "exactly" like the originals is a mission priority to adhere to, or that we are failing at good sound design because certain ones do not sound exactly alike to the low quality n64 level. There is always a reason and not everyone can be made pleased.

Community projects are very welcome, rips are not for those who suggested using rips as an option. Bear that in mind.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:50:55 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Divideo

• Agent
New sound for KF7
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 07:19:06 pm »

New sound for KF7 Soviet.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: New sound for KF7
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »

Oh dear.

You're not going to make 27 seperate threads are you?

Divideo

• Agent
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:25 pm »

I only made this sfx because people were telling me too
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:00:53 pm by Divideo »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 08:20:59 pm »

Oh dear.

You're not going to make 27 seperate threads are you?
Well we can't have the KF7 sound a thread titled "Another attempt at a new DD44 sound.", can we.

Not terrible, but this one doesn't really sound like a gun at all. It might pass in say a much older FPS, but not here.
Maybe if it had some echo or some kind of oomph to it.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Divideo

• Agent
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 08:36:35 pm »

How are these..

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »

You're gonna get sick of my nitpicks, but now they're sounding too deep.
It's really hard to explain in text what to listen for...
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Divideo

• Agent
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 11:16:04 pm »

I tuned it higher.  Tell me if it needs more

Divideo

• Agent
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »

Actually here is a better sounding version of the last.  cleaner, and less metallic sound
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:27:47 pm by Divideo »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:05 am »

Actually the 4th sound makes more sense. All the weapons have an echo of some sort.
Still not sure I would use it when compared to the current, but you're sort of getting there.

Divideo

• Agent
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 12:23:56 am »

well that would be cool if you guys used it!

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 01:35:01 am »

These sounds aren't too bad really, I prefer them to the current sound, but that has been around since beta 1 or earlier I believe. It would be best if you keep these all in one thread rather than create a new thread per weapon. This could come together as quite a nice custom soundpack for GE:S.

But remember, they have real sound designers working on the mod. What they do is much more advanced than simply tweaking equalization settings of pre-existing sounds in Audacity. They already did a fantastic job overhauling and recreating the shotgun sounds, klobb and magnum sounds in Beta 4 from what they used to be.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:37:30 am by Mangley »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up