GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:53:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Artist Application - Weapon and Prop Art  (Read 7468 times)

Zealotlee

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zealotlee has no influence.
3D Artist Application - Weapon and Prop Art
« on: August 03, 2010, 04:59:02 am »

Hey all, my name's Pete and I'm looking to join up with your mod as a 3D artist. I'm 22 and looking to one day secure a position in the game industry.

I've never worked on a team with anyone before creating a game but I'm looking to change that. I absolutely love creating weapons (I'm a gun nut) and I've made some weapon mods for Fallout 3 which you can see below:

SVD Dragunov:
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3759

ACR (with interchangeable parts):
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11611

MP5 Variants:
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5431

I also have a few WIP projects.
This is a high-poly model of a Mini-Flamethrower I've been working on
http://a.imageshack.us/img28/5350/render04.jpg

M40A3 Sniper Rifle (WIP)
http://a.imageshack.us/img7/9353/previewrender02.jpg

As you can see guns really are my specialty. That's not to say that I can't do props or any other models needed. I would like to diversify my skills but if you need anyone at this point to create any weapon models I'd definitely be interested.

I use 3D Studio Max 2009 primarily for my work but I'm familiar with some older versions of Maya as well. I made all the textures for the guns myself using Photoshop.

My email is zealotlee@gmail.com and my AIM name is IAmTheCarnosaur. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: 3D Artist Application - Weapon and Prop Art
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:00:14 pm »

I like him

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:15:50 pm »

hey, I´m not a developer, but nevertheless: your weapons look very great, man  :D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Zealotlee

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »

Thanks Cy. Also I think I just played you ingame. My name is Chairface Chippendale on Steam.

I should also add that GE64 was the game that made me so interested in guns in the first place, even if it took a few years to learn the REAL names of the weapons lol.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:55:59 pm »

I'm not the one to talk to about bringing on new members, but I just have a few questions which seem to be our biggest problem.

In the stuff you have shown us, how long on average did it take you to make those models? Days, weeks, or even months?

How long have you known about the mod, how often do you play, and can you see your self being active on the team in one years time if you are brought on.

You say guns are your specialty, but how do you feel about doing other models, such as small low poly props/garbage left around the level, high poly centerpieces that have lots of detail, or even outdoor objects such as trees, or other foliage?

Personally I think our biggest problem with trial members is they never come through. They show off their stuff, but then it takes them forever to produce anything. You have to be dedicated to the mod, but more importantly the team with feedback. Talk to team members on Steam or other instant messenger and visit the forum daily (Hourly for me personally).

Like I don't want to preach or anything, but we need someone who is willing to dedicate them selfs, instead of doing this for abit just so they can have a blip on their resume later in life.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:54:06 pm »

I'm interested in seeing what you ca n do for us

go ahead and make a new thread in the trial members section and ill get you something to do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Zealotlee

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:26:47 am »

Thank you guys for the opportunity! I created my thread in the trials forum.

As to some of JcFerggy's questions I'll be happy to answer them.

The models themselves took a variable amount of time. I'm not to the point (nor to I have the free time) to create something extremely finished and polished in a matter of days. I would say it took about a week or less for the model, a day or two for the UVs, and about a week for the textures. So about 2 weeks average time. I'm hoping to crunch that time down as I do more work and become more familiar with it. I do have a real life as well but I do want to dedicate some time to creating models for this mod.

I've known about the mod for some time. I've even seen Konrad post some of his work from it over on CGTalk a while back. I actually just started playing the mod yesterday oddly enough.

I have no problem doing misc props for the level, or even big set pieces. I want to expand my talents and challenge myself in new ways so this would be a great opportunity to do that.

I will dedicate as much time as I can spare to working on this mod. Like I said I do have a real life but I do have a lot of downtime too. It's about time I make some use of it lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up