GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:55:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 made my year  (Read 3249 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Beta 4 made my year
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:16:12 am »

I have to give it to the GE:S team, when they promise to deliver, boy do they fucking deliver.

I've been so hyped up for Beta 4 since October, and now I feel like a kid on Christmas day. My reaction to starting up Beta 4 is comparable to the .

The difference between Beta 3.1 and Beta 4 is just... mind blowing. I have to say, not getting caught on walls is really refreshing on its own... but everything on top of that like the music, weapon sounds, new maps, rolling explosions has really transformed the mod into something incredible. As much as I'd love to go into detail on every aspect that I love, walls of text are never fun.

The quality of what you've given us for free is staggering, you've poured so much effort and attention into this creation, it's nothing short of a masterpiece! Really, thank you GE:S team.

Mod Of The Year 2010 is yours.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:18:28 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
Re: Beta 4 made my year
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 03:26:08 am »

Speaking, someone spam the link to vote for this Mod for MotY, cause it deffinatley get's my vote.  I've played a few differant total conversion mods and honestly none compare. The City Nights mod from the MOHAA community, nice but honestly, seemed rather pointless.  The Vietnam mod as well seemed rather pointless, but this mod, has been the first, since I absolutley failed to bring out a total conversion myself based on Goldeneye to MOHAA, that seems logical and fits.  Having awesome music, and recreating childhood memories just seems to be a plus, so, please by all means, spam away with the vote site!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:26:17 am »

Mangley, this reaction is what makes this mod where it is today. Without the enthusiasm, comments, suggestions, complaints, and support of the community Beta 4 would have never existed.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:39:04 am »

Since yesterday, I didn't stop playing. This mod is freaking awesome. I'll continue to support you guys until the end. GG
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 04:46:05 pm »

Cheers man, and cheers mangley!

Speaking, someone spam the link to vote for this Mod for MotY, cause it deffinatley get's my vote.

Will have to wait til MOTY 2010 awards. We got an "honorable" mention in the 2009 MOTY

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:56 pm »

I was born in 1989 and became a gamer in 1992.

I have played almost all major games that were ever made and then some.

I was addicted up to point when Sony released the PS2+Metal Gear Solid 2 pack.

It was the turning point in gaming for me. I had played older games too much to still be excited about. I lost interest but kept gaming because of lack of anythìng better to do in my spare time when I was home.

Was I losing interest in gaming (getting too old) or did games start to become less and less creative and too commercial?

When I fired up and played beta4 I knew the answer: I didn't lose my interest in gaming, games were just plain suckage since the start of the new millenium.

And God... am I addicted again! I can't stress enough how thankfull I am for this!

JessEH

• Agent
  • JessEH is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:14:06 pm »

Just thought I'd also stop by and give a quick thanks to the GES team. This release very much exceeded my expectations. From the added modes and weapons, bullet penetration, rolling explosions, new animations, the new/reworked maps, the music, and all the little tweaks. It's quite a release.

Of course I have a few complaints/suggestions (and more praise too), but I think I'll wait until I'm more familiar with it.

The only thing I want to point out right now (which I know has already been mentioned) is the FPS problem on caves. At a few points in the map it's like a slide show for me, and that's just me walking around alone.

Anyway, I appreciate your work on this wonderful game. God bless.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:54:47 pm by JessEH »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 04:35:06 am »

Since we went to orangebox our assets can be made to look better. For those with older machines need to realize beta 1.0 caves is way different than now, and to lower their settings for that map would be advised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up