GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:48:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 100119: Discontent  (Read 18283 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 100119: Discontent
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:25:41 am »

Zippity doo dah.

I want to talk about all the fun we had testing out and tweaking Living Daylights, but aside from two short fewer-than-six-man pickup tests, nothing has been going on.  I am, to an extent even my expansive functional vocabulary cannot express succinctly, disappointed and outraged that after a week of prep time, absolutely nothing has been organized by anyone outside of myelf and KM.  Mapping department has at least gotten in touch a few times during the last week and made some effort, but testing has been non-existant in an environment where every night or two should be a playtest just on the account that we have a well-matured mod to play just for fun.  Remember that?  The ultimate goal of Goldeneye Source?

On two nights I have tried to rouse Wake, the supposed BT leader, on Steam while he's trapped in ten-years-ago plinking in Counterstrike Source to receive no response.

I mentioned this issue to KM, that we should have play testing every night or two on a formulated basis, and anyone who is neither contributing or trying can just get the hell off of the wagon.  When I see seven people online, most wearing their [GE:S] tags in their Steam handle and I req a playtest and all I get is five-man max for five minutes, I become liable to transform into something dynamic.

This all sounds a little passive aggressive, but don't worry, I usually don't stay passive for long.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: VC's Laboratory 100119: Discontent
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41:28 am »

I've been working on the wiki, so I've been doing Something:-[

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:03:06 am »

Any reason why this wasnt posted internally? Although I agree.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:09:47 am »

Because this is the weblog section and I am logging the status of my web today.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:56 am »

I have been willing to test for a long time now but I have yet to run into anybody who is available when I am on. Jc and I talked last night but I wasnt around when he messaged me and then when I offered to play later the wiki was being worked on and nobody else was on. I will see if I can get anybody tomorrow

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:54 pm »

I have already stated my reasons for not being able to test for the time being. When things are fixed I will test for sure.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:24:51 am »

I organized a small four man beta test last Monday and it was awesome.

We had people and they had guns and we found blugs.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 05:26:31 pm »

This specific blog fails.

Why dont I make a "blog" everytime everything doesnt go right for me based on a part time online team dynamic.

I'd make one per week...

IMO this is a fun team environment and teams don't, especially specificially, attack each others roles in public areas. This is the uncoolest action of VC ive witnessed. I'd love to be able to retort his discontent with my opinion but it would conflict with my above statement :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:35:00 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 05:43:34 pm »

We had people and they had guns and we found blugs.

Are those better or worse?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 08:20:33 pm »

This specific blog fails.

Why dont I make a "blog" everytime everything doesnt go right for me based on a part time online team dynamic.

I'd make one per week...

IMO this is a fun team environment and teams don't, especially specificially, attack each others roles in public areas. This is the uncoolest action of VC ive witnessed. I'd love to be able to retort his discontent with my opinion but it would conflict with my above statement :P

Too true. Seems extremely unprofessional to bitch about the other developers to the public. We don't want to hear that. Plus, if anything, that makes me sympathize with the rest of the team, for having to put up with that kind of childish behavior.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »

Are those better or worse?
I'm afraid that information is classified.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 10:39:05 pm »

Seems extremely unprofessional to bitch about the other developers to the public. We don't want to hear that.
Sure ya do. I would.

I'm afraid that information is classified.

We'll see about that.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 11:37:19 pm »

So you don't have enough available playtesters, huh? Well maybe I could be of some u-

*Ducks and runs for cover*

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 07:50:46 am »

It's up to each individual but from my perspective listening to VC about the state of the test division while hes pissed off wouldn't be your most trusted avenue for intel.

Just today we had 80% of our testers and a couple devs in a single event for over an hour on a saturday morning

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 03:58:22 pm »

It's up to each individual but from my perspective listening to VC about the state of the test division while hes pissed off wouldn't be your most trusted avenue for intel.

Just today we had 80% of our testers and a couple devs in a single event for over an hour on a saturday morning

His glass is always half empty.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up