GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:59:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Application for Orchestrator  (Read 20132 times)

jjmusicnotes

Application for Orchestrator
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:31:30 am »

The purpose of this post is to let the resident composers of this project know that my services are available for orchestration.  If the composers wish to have a particular piece of music from the movie, from the video game, or a re-orchestration of music that has currently been written, I would be more than happy to offer my services.

I am not offering to contribute original music as it seems that that area is sufficiently covered.

Upon request, I can further detail my qualifications if necessary.

Please let me know if interested.

thanks,

jjmusicnotes

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Application for Orchestrator
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:19:18 am »

Could we see some of your work?

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:21:18 am »

Could we see some of your work?

hear*
*Could we hear some of your work?*

;-)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:25:02 am »

Could we fondle some of your work?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:33:01 am »

could we work over some of your work? wordk

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 01:41:59 am »

-Moderating-
Was any of that needed? If any forum should be kept a little more serious than the others, it should be this one.

I know that you would "hear" music, but it's not as if I meant anything different by it. Go to the Off-Topic Lounge if you guys want to joke around.

So back on topic, can you post some of your work?

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:54 am »

If your work smells I will have none of it
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:21 am »

-Moderating-
Was any of that needed? If any forum should be kept a little more serious than the others, it should be this one.

I know that you would "hear" music, but it's not as if I meant anything different by it. Go to the Off-Topic Lounge if you guys want to joke around.

So back on topic, can you post some of your work?
Both VC and Wake are high ranking GE:S team members. I don't think they're the type who need moderating. :P

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:51:56 am »

Consider this a sense-of-humour test.

Don't you hate it when your taco shell cracks and dumps all over your plate?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

JcFerggy

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:55 am »

Both VC and Wake are high ranking GE:S team members. I don't think they're the type who need moderating. :P
I quite understand that, but if a cop or a judge starting urinating on people in the street, should it be okay since they have a higher ranking in society?

Besides, I didn't give them a mark on their account, I just want them to give jjmusicnotes the respect that we would give any other member trying out for the team, and not asking to have sexual relations with his work.

-EDIT-

Consider this a sense-of-humour test.

Don't you hate it when your taco shell cracks and dumps all over your plate?

Yes, that's why I prefer wraps with my tacos.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 03:00:42 am »

We need to find out if his work is spongeworthy, then we can consider sexual relations.

Aural sex.  HAWT.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:48 am »

first of all, i'm surprised at how quickly you guys responded to my post, very cool.

second, i'll take a wrap any day, it's so much easier than having to improvise a "taco salad" when you spill stuff all over the place.

thirdly, "aural sex" -- i rofl'd so hard my ptly mlkj'd into a parked car and died.

Ok, so now that those things have been tended to, I felt I should respond once more before I post links to any of my work - to give a better idea of my meaning.

The work I do primarily involves instruments of the standard (and non-standard) orchestra, so the examples posted will demonstrate use of which.  I know that Audix and basstronix pretty much have the electronic aspect of the music for this mod down, but I thought I could provide some help with instrumentation.

I've always loved James Bond music, and I just thought you guys might like some orchestral stuff.

So, I hope this gives a little bit better of an idea before I post any links, as I don't wish to waste any of the team's time.  If the team has decided that this may be helpful to you, please let me know, and I'll post a couple links to some examples of actual orchestrations I've done, and some orchestrations of original material.

Thanks,

jjmusicnotes

JcFerggy

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 03:49:00 am »

I would still like to hear some of your stuff, and I do have fair amount of time on my hands. So ya, post away!

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 05:03:52 am »

Here is one example of some of the type of work I can do.  Below is the following link to the original End Credits (part 2) of the Black Mesa Source mod.  The original composer is Joe Nielsen.

http://s56452.gridserver.com/media/music/BMS-06-end_credits.mp3

I thought it could use a bit of extra color, so I transcribed it, and re-orchestrated it for abbreviated orchestra. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.4shared.com/file/88229204/ff197a31/BMS_-_End_Credits_Smooth.html

Let me know what you think.

**On a side note**

This was done six months ago, and I'm now pursuing a degree in music.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 05:13:34 am »

Hey, thanks for applying.  Basstronix and Audix are our music guys, so they'll be the ones to critique your work and let you know whats up. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up