GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 08:20:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Played a few rounds with a Dev,  (Read 19334 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: Played a few rounds with a Dev,
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 01:40:12 am »

There is only 23 nicksters on the steam community page, and we are only going to ban the ones taking the piss.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 01:45:56 am »

I'm afraid our educational system is leaving trolls behind; they don't know how to function in a pub server.
Wrong, I had one! And a good one with mic, scripted chat spam, retarded name. God bless him.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:11 pm »

You should definitely teach some respect to those pricks. Make a perma-ban from the servers.

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:48 pm »

I just grepped all my server logs ( I run 3 GE:S servers at the moment, all at Bradley University, you may have seen them =] ) and only came up with one "nicksterthebrickster" who was in my game for a short period of time, used a timed mine against himself a few times, and then left.  I'll keep an eye out for such people in the future, and give them a nice perma-ban.  That's just un-tasteful at best, and won't be tolerated.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 12:25:43 am »

Be careful though devs, i have a cousin who plays occassionally as nickster (because his name is nick) and I would consider it highly unprofessional to ban someone just for the name...of course he doesn't make fun of nickster..but be sure to think rationally about it...if they do act like they are doing it because of GE nickster..then by all means...take him out. But please make sure you don't ban him if you ever see him because of his name. And no he shouldn't have to change his name because of that.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 05:02:40 am »

Haha, the hypothetical innocent nickster actually exists.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:30 am »

I still think its silly if anyone was to use "nickster" when you freshly come to a community where someone died who almost solely responsible for the mods existence had that handle, even if that is a handle youve used for years or believe to claim ownership of. Who cares, blatantly.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:23 am »

well you can still keep it and be respectful by placing something before or after it, but whatever as long he is not trolling about it I don't give two craps

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:17 pm »

I still think its silly if anyone was to use "nickster" when you freshly come to a community where someone died who almost solely responsible for the mods existence had that handle, even if that is a handle youve used for years or believe to claim ownership of. Who cares, blatantly.

Well dude, I don't think he has any idea about nickster on the dev team. He just downloaded the mod because he saw me playing it and thought it would be fun....I don't see why you have to seem so hostile...i mean..yeah...if he starts to be a complete dick..then yeah..ban his ass. But other then that, I think you should be a little respectful to be blunt. :) *Don't take this offensively wake since you are a great guy*

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:55 pm »

The best way would be to not ban the "nickster" name, but not allow it to wear a GES tag..

We aren't out to get you, we just want to protect Nickster's honour.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:25:43 pm by Enzo.Matrix »
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 02:40:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure you should ban all instances of that name; I would not even give anyone the benefit of the doubt.  I have never seen "Nickster" on anyone in my life, and I've played games forever.  People are obviously trying to be jerks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:42:27 pm by Abraham Lincoln »

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 07:24:10 pm »

We should be careful with the bans. If someone called Nickster joins a server, we should watch his behavior and then act accordingly. Those that keep killing themselves should be banned definitely (once you kill yourself once, you learn the lesson and you try to avoid it as much as you can); those that behave normally should stay.

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 08:21:32 pm »

So, you think it is coincidental for 23 people to have the name Nickster on a small mod named Goldeneye Source?

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »

I am not saying it is coincidental. If you read my post carefully, I never said nor implied it. What I said is that you should analyze each one before going ballistic and banning them.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 01:34:25 am »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:18:08 pm by Doc.NO »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up